Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 09-16-2012, 02:04 PM

Default Heidts Pro G drop spindles

Has anyone here used the Heidts pro G drop spindle without using heidts control arms?

i called heidts to get some information on the spindle and all they would tell me was i have to purchase their control arms for it to work. they couldnt tell me why or if other arms will work all he kept saying is we designed it to our upper and lower control arms.

Im wanting to use the BMR suspensions level 2 Handling package with the Heidts pro G drop spindle. if that wont work im going to purchase the ATS AFX tall spindle and upgrade to the Z06 calipers and rotors but thats 3000 more then i can spend and willl delay the project even longer now that winter is coming.

So , Has anyone here used the Heidts pro G drop spindle without using heidts control arms? what system did you use?
Old 09-16-2012, 03:29 PM

If u don't want to have to go to the AFX spindle, check out the ride tech tall spindle. I am running them with GW arms with great success
Old 09-16-2012, 04:09 PM

i will look into them as well thank you. Im still interested to find out why the Heidts Pro G Drop Spindle has to be used with Heidts control arms?
is this a marketing tactic to make you buy Heidts control arms or will any upper control arm for a tall spindle work?.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

What kind of car?

Typically you want to purchase suspension parts as a "kit" as everything is engineered to work together. You could buy the best parts from 5 different companies and the car will handle like crap if they don't all work together.

If you can't get relevant information from a manufacturer you need to find a company who can and will provide that information.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marolf101x View Post
What kind of car?

Typically you want to purchase suspension parts as a "kit" as everything is engineered to work together. You could buy the best parts from 5 different companies and the car will handle like crap if they don't all work together.

If you can't get relevant information from a manufacturer you need to find a company who can and will provide that information.
This is excellent advice. Ridetech has some great kits. I would have used their CA's, but I already had the GWs so I added the spindles and the true turn is next on the list.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:09 AM

i was wanting to use the BMR suspension level 2 kit with the heidts spindle if it will work together.
i was going to use an ATS AFX Tall spindle but people have had very long wait times with them and the L&H kustoms spindle and i refuse to wait that long and be told 2 weeks, every other 2 weeks for 6 months like others have been told.

im going to try to contact Heidts tommorow and see exactly why they say you have to use thier control arms with their Tall spindle.

i was just trying to see if any of you guys knew why the Heidts spindle had to be used with thier control arms. they wouldnt tell me so i asked here.

thanks for the replies

Car is a 71 Chevelle SS 496 681HP@6400/689TQ@4500 - 4L80E 3000 stall- 12 bolt 3.73 gears
will see how she runs when suspension is done i havent even got to drive her around the block, i refuse to drive it until the suspension is done. i lost my last project due to not doing the suspension and crashing it 10 days after the motor was installed. very sad day for me i will never forget it.

Last edited by BigChevyFTW; 09-19-2012 at 04:14 AM.