Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2022, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdub View Post
So you bolted the links to the rear end and then welded the pockets in? I don't have my diff yet, so I'm trying to get these geometrically as close as possible to something.

The assumption that I'm making is that these links are parallel, meaning the spacing on the differential is that same as the link pockets. The link mounts on the differential are 14.75" off centerline, or 29.5" center to center. I've been measuring off the rocker panel to set my left/right position. (EDIT: Don't use the driveshaft tunnel for centerline. It's not on centerline... should be off because of the pinion. That gave me a few seconds of panic) I think I am going to make a jig to align the bolt holes so that they are perfectly concentric.

I feel like they supplied more detailed measurements for the mini tubs.
No... I bolted the DSE quadralink pockets to the factory seat belt mounting holes and made sure they were parallel with the factory grove/indentation on the floor pan next to the tubs and welded them in. I bought the DSE quadralink housing and everything bolted in with no fuss. None of DSE's instructions are that great ha ha but i followed them and watched their YouTube video and had no issues. I guess yours is a bit more challenging with an aftermarket floor pan since your seat belt mounting holes aren't in the factory location. In DSE's video, the guy was going the quadralink install on a car with new aftermarket floor pans as well.

Last edited by 69C40Hx; 02-04-2022 at 05:32 PM.