Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Man Caves
User Name
Password

Old 10-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

My original post for this thread used the small pixs - before I knew how to post larger versions... so thought - since I was bored - I'd post up newer / better pixs of my "shed".

Pix showing the Asymmetrical 9000 # lift... and the stairs to go up to the "boys room":

"The loft"... trying to keep it clean is the hard part! There's a TV etc up there, and my collection of "stuff"...

Some trees pretending to hide said Shed from the kitchen/wife's view:

A couple of indispensable machines - the magic of Burr King... and the can't do without Bead blast cabinet!

My too small "mill/drill" and the best saw for home use ever - Hyd Mech cold cut saw...

My home built 4' X 6' X 1/2" table from hell...The old tool box was the first one I ever owned. I was 13 when I got it... that was 43 years ago. It now stores all the welding consumables/gloves etc.

The pro's will poop when they see this! LOL -- This is how you "store" your 37 Ford project chassis when you need the space to finish up the 55 post car... EEEEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited by GregWeld; 10-23-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Mess up the photo links
Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 PM

Wow Greg, you have acquired a lot of goodies over the years. Nice shop.
As a posted previous your placement of building was well planned and you even kept the wifes view in mind!
Dave
Old 10-02-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2fst View Post
Wow Greg, you have acquired a lot of goodies over the years. Nice shop.
As a posted previous your placement of building was well planned and you even kept the wifes view in mind!
Dave
Well Dave -- My WIFE bought all the tools! So it pays to keep her happy...

I can positively confirm that the rule that says - "Stuff expands to fill the space allotted to it" - is totally true!!

1500 square feet seemed so "large" when the building started... now I'm hoping my neighbor wants to sell his property to I can doze his house and put a clean space over there...

Last edited by GregWeld; 10-23-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:25 PM

I like your thinking Greg and you have a "tool time" wife killer.
Down fall on my side is the association committee dont allow out buildings on property. I have some good acreage with "jack" to use it for. Plus the wife hates seeing anything laying around or out of place.
My hobby shop/storage is 2400 sqft about 2 miles away. We have a couple of other buildings we lease to others which some have not renewed there lease to to hard times and my space is becoming more abundant but doesnt pay the bills.
Id trade in a heart beat to walk out the door in my own yd into the shop. But around here you typically dont have that in a subdivision.
Dave
Old 10-02-2009, 11:48 PM

F U Greg......
Old 10-03-2009, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Southrod that a sweet shop you have there . Spme very nice projects too. What color is that blue ???. Nice Shop.
The Blue is a PPG Radiance pearl color,it is stunning in the flesh.
Shane.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
F U Greg......

Todd....

Like I said earlier in the thread (I think it was this one) "better lucky than smart".
Old 10-03-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Freak- View Post
Where does everyone do their cutting, grinding and welding at?
Everything looks so pristine and clean I swear they are just show room floors!

If you look at the pixs I just posted in this thread - of my Shed - you'll see a "table" sitting next to the big red bead blaster. I built this table to be a 'grinding and cutting/cut off wheel' type table. I haven't finished yet - summer got in the way. Next week (now that it's typhoon season here) I'll break some sheet metal to form a 'tapered' box in the bottom portion with an outlet for attaching to the FP90 I mentioned earlier (giant sucking sound). I can roll this table around (it's very heavy! But smooth floor and good casters help) and use it as a mobile work platform. I got the grates from Boeing surplus (before they closed the store). They're drainage ditch grates built for airplanes to roll over! They're 1 foot X 3 foot X 2 1/2" using 3/8's strap - so bought three of them (3' X 3' table) for --- drum roll ---- $5 each. They're brand new and weigh 120 #'s EACH!

I'm going to build hinged 'wings' that attach to the outside sides and back of the table so that I can lift them up and form a backsplash on 3 sides or just 2 sides (forming a corner) to keep the errant 'crap' from blasting all over the shed. With huge suction in the base - I should be able to keep the mess down to a dull roar. :>)

I also built it to be a table next to the bead blaster --- so the door to it opens over the top of the table. I was going to use the separate vacuum from the bead blaster to provide suction for the table - but it's actually kind of 'weak' as it's really only a "dust" collection system - whereas the FP90 is a serious commercial vacuum and can really provide a true "down draft" table type draw.

Last edited by GregWeld; 10-03-2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:52 PM

Default Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slck6t9 View Post
My new little piece of heaven an 800sf (23x36)3 car garage in our new house. Still saving up to add some cabinets, work bench and Epoxy the floor.
This looks like a Texas garage and driveway. I love how wide and flat it is. Wish I had it.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:27 AM

I apologize for going off track here, but can I get the brand / model of these wheels? Thank you !!

Jason

1957 Chevy 150 Utility sedan, semi-pro touring
2016 MB s-AMG E63