Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 08-01-2008, 01:43 PM

I really like this idea as a part time artist, it will help me to keep doing something. I had been quiet up to now since I have had this rendering I have been wanting to post, but ut thought this was a great idea. It also just happened to fit into the theme (red, white & blue, although it is supposed to be silver.). I hope you like this one. It was done for a guy in Alabama that is in the process of building it now. I think you can see some subtle influences.

Some of the mods he is doing; He is going with the 69 Camaro front & rear bumper. The entire center section (between the body lines) of the hood is raised about 3". He wasn't sure how to finish it on the back, so I gave it the cowl hood look (extnding back over the vent). The original grill and front corner trim pieces are going to be fitted with perforated metal panels with 1/4"x 3/4" oval holes. For wheels, he is using Billet Specialties Magnums (18's front & 20's on the rear). On the back side, he is using four billet oval tail lights from Lokar with a cool cap recessed in between. He knew he wanted it red and silver, so I went with this layout for the break line with a sky blue pinstripe dividing the two. We haven't really got to the interior yet. He is leaning towards gray with Krist Kustom Streamline seats.

The program I use is Hand 2.0, using the marker, pastel & colored pencil tools, then scan into PhotoShop to clean up & arrange. I went with his name of "Super Nova" for the project & tried for a "spacy" feel for a backdrop, but it turned out kind of finger paintish looking.

Thanks again for starting this. I know I enjoy seeing everybody's stuff, and I seam to get better with every one I do.
http://mlomaka.wix.com/lomakaconceptdesign

Last edited by mlomaka; 08-01-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:58 PM

O.K., sorry I have a bazillion images of mine on here, I just figured out how to post with the image in the post instead of the click on the thumbnail thing. Next month I'll just post once, promise!

You're right MLO- It'll keep us drawing. Tell us about the mods to your design, similar to what everyone was doing in PHR magazine. Looks like an extra wide cowl hood for example, or is it normal and my eyes are crooked? Are those custom taillights or off another car? Etc. ...

My SRD Renderings Instagram page

My SRD Renderings Facebook Page

Pumkinator '79 Cutlass Wagon Build
Old 08-01-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlomaka View Post
I really like this idea as a part time artist, it will help me to keep doing something. I had been quiet up to now since I have had this rendering I have been wanting to post, but ut thought this was a great idea. It also just happened to fit into the theme (red, white & blue, although it is supposed to be silver.). I hope you like this one. It was done for a guy in Alabama that is in the process of building it now. I think you can see some subtle influences.

Some of the mods he is doing; He is going with the 69 Camaro front & rear bumper. The entire center section (between the body lines) of the hood is raised about 3". He wasn't sure how to finish it on the back, so I gave it the cowl hood look (extnding back over the vent). The original grill and front corner trim pieces are going to be fitted with perforated metal panels with 1/4"x 3/4" oval holes. For wheels, he is using Billet Specialties Magnums (18's front & 20's on the rear). On the back side, he is using four billet oval tail lights from Lokar with a cool cap recessed in between. He knew he wanted it red and silver, so I went with this layout for the break line with a sky blue pinstripe dividing the two. We haven't really got to the interior yet. He is leaning towards gray with Krist Kustom Streamline seats.

The program I use is Hand 2.0, using the marker, pastel & colored pencil tools, then scan into PhotoShop to clean up & arrange. I went with his name of "Super Nova" for the project & tried for a "spacy" feel for a backdrop, but it turned out kind of finger paintish looking.

Thanks again for starting this. I know I enjoy seeing everybody's stuff, and I seam to get better with every one I do.

Very Nice. Looks kinda like Notorious.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:30 PM

I didnt do a theme but i do have bunch i just completed this month.

1st is rob's demon I did 3 versions the others are on my dev art page(see link in sig below)

BOB's 69 Camaro.which he sold beofe rit even got started.

Oscar lara's 64 impala SS.this being built by teenagers for there church

And Hans' 69 mustang road racer

I ahve few more but havnt sent them the final renderings yet so I cant post it up

[SIGPIC]https://lateral-g.net/forums/image.php4?type=sigpic&userid=4368&dateline=121287 1168[/SIGPIC]
RENDERING GALLERY!!
Old 08-01-2008, 09:39 PM

I thought there would be more stuff here by now.

Jay, yes, that would be the "subtle influences". I contacted Derek and even talked with Troy when he was in Columbus for Goodguys (to let them know it was already being built), and they both seamed flattered and excited Notorious has such an impact already.

Lets see some more stuff everybody.
http://mlomaka.wix.com/lomakaconceptdesign
Old 08-01-2008, 10:35 PM

Here's a few recent ones and a few old ones I have a few coming up soon but not ready yet for them.

Email for DV

vierstradesign.com
Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 PM

I have one that I cannot post until a couple weeks before SEMA. Client does not want anyone knowing until then.

I do have a few more coming soon though.

Here's one an old one of my Buddy's car...

Email for DV

vierstradesign.com
Old 08-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

That Olds wagon is the S**T! Great job!
Muscle Car Of The Week
V8 Radio Podcast

All about us:
https://www.v8speedshop.com

Old 08-02-2008, 12:35 PM

Nice work guys. Sorry I didn't participate ... I've been on hiatus for awhile but I promise I'm getting in on this next month. I'm starting today.