Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 09-19-2008, 07:15 PM

Question Please need pics of fuel line routing for G-Bar + external fuel pump

Hi

If anyone has pictures of how they routed the fuel lines for an external electric fuel pump, around the G-Bar in a 1st Gen (69) Camaro, I'd really appreciate it you posted them. I tried searching didn't find any threads with pictures.

Currently my car is mini-tubbed with a Rick's stainless notched tank with a G-Bar. Going to run an external fuel pump and trying to mockup the 1/2 fuel line and return, exhaust, s/f connectors etc. I am hoping someone has some nice pictures to share and any suggestions on routing you might have would be appreciated as well!

Thanks!

Last edited by BBC69Camaro; 09-19-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:02 PM

look in vegas69s build thread, same setup tank/tubs/g-bar hell even 69 lol

1970 1/2 rs z28...pro-touring?...i wish...soon?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatinjay27 View Post
look in vegas69s build thread, same setup tank/tubs/g-bar hell even 69 lol
Thanks that has some good ideas.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:51 PM

Careful, I have redesigned it to some extent and haven't posted the photos because I don't have many. Basically I used 3/8 stell plate and mounted the plate to the straps with a rubber insulator and 3/8 bolts. The pump is mounted to the plate with spacers. I have AN fittings and a filter that go into the far side of the pump and then 45 up to the gbar crossbar with heat isulator around the feed and return hoses. Then they go over the top of the gbar and down the frame. I used 1/2 hardline and 8an black braided. 10an from tank to pump inlet. The only issue I am having is some fuel escaping from my vent when the tank is close to full. Of course I am running 1/2 for the vent. I need to figure out how to get it higher or some type of valve. Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll try and update this with a photo or mine later.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
Careful, I have redesigned it to some extent and haven't posted the photos because I don't have many. Basically I used 3/8 stell plate and mounted the plate to the straps with a rubber insulator and 3/8 bolts. The pump is mounted to the plate with spacers. I have AN fittings and a filter that go into the far side of the pump and then 45 up to the gbar crossbar with heat isulator around the feed and return hoses. Then they go over the top of the gbar and down the frame. I used 1/2 hardline and 8an black braided. 10an from tank to pump inlet. The only issue I am having is some fuel escaping from my vent when the tank is close to full. Of course I am running 1/2 for the vent. I need to figure out how to get it higher or some type of valve. Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll try and update this with a photo or mine later.
Thanks any info and pictures you have would be great. I'm just started mocking it up, so thanks for willing to answer questions!