Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Artwork and Collectibles
User Name
Password

Old 05-10-2006, 09:17 AM

A little more to show on this beast. The LS7 is beginning to take shape. I beleive that the line along the passenger side of the block should NOT be there, but it is too late at this point. I might also end up re-building the oil pan. As the area for the oil filter is wrong. Or I might creat a remote mount set up and mount it on the firewall or maybe lower side of the frame. Let me know what you guys think.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:39 PM

Looks great Russell, I´m loving the orange-copper pearl it really suits the car perfectly. I´m impressed with your progress on the engine, its really starting to look like something!

Keep up the awesome work!

/Freddy
Old 05-10-2006, 09:43 PM

Fredrik,

Thanks for the comments. I sent you an e-mail with a picture of a wheel thanks to scott (owner/operator of lateral-g). I'm still not sure on the placement of the valve stem. Any ideas?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:22 PM

I'm watching this one with great interest. I have been in the hobby, on and off, for the last 17 years. I was even lucky enough to have a couple of my cars appear in the Scale Auto Enthusiast Contest Annuals. I've just started a a 1/25 65 Chevelle, pro-touring of course.

I'm going to update my in progress photos and start a thread shortly. I hope that my build catches your interest as well. It will help keep me motivated...I have no one locally to share the hobby with.

Jason
Old 05-11-2006, 03:01 PM

I too have the same problem of not having anyone local to share with, other than family. I've got a pair of 65's waiting to be built. One is getting the Malitude treatment. I'm glad you like the build. I'll be keeping an eye out for yours! You might also visit the automotiveforums.com auto art section. There is a forum there for plastic models. Great bunch of people. The muscle cars don't get the respect they deserve over there but they really appreciate the builds. and there is a LOT of good knowledge to be gained by searching the forums.
Old 05-11-2006, 03:25 PM

Malitude was one of the inspirations for pulling the 65 off the shelf. So was this one:
Old 05-11-2006, 09:31 PM

I made some real "HEAD" way tonight. I hacked up the original head design and "stole" the exhaust port area and mated it to the new design, as well as constructed the valve covers. The pins you see on the top are the center bolts/coil location pins. The detail on the back side is rather poor, however it wont be seen once the intake is in place. I have decided not to cast this or any of my parts for resale. I will be casting these heads, so that the left is identical to the right. Some details have been left off and will be added after the heads are cast so that their orientation is correct, mainly the spark plug holes and the oil filler neck. The detail on the sides of the block is slim to nil, but again, once it is in place and the mounts and oil lines and details are in place, it wont be noticeable. ENJOY!

Old 05-12-2006, 09:21 AM

Alright. I got back to work on the Transmission last night. Since I wont be progressing much on the engine until I get the heads cast and there are several more things that I want to finish before I go mixing more RTV. I need some comments on t his thing. I went off of measurements I got from a Resin t-56 in 1:25th scale. It looks a little off though. There is not any bracing on it yet. Please, give me some comments and criticism on the trans. I've been considering rebuilding it, but am unsure as of yet.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:05 PM

its finally beginning to look like a transmission. I've got nearly all of the ribbing on and shaped. I re-did the tail housing. It isn't quite finished yet, but it is looking a lot better than the original one that I did. Still not 100% happy with the driver's side of the case, but I got over it. Let me know what you guys think!

Artwork Page
Old 05-16-2006, 03:32 PM

It looks awesome Russell, though it looks a bit too "round", at least in the 3rd pic. The ribbing made the whole difference.

Keep at it bro!

/Freddy