Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 08-30-2012, 02:19 AM

Awesome review. Vince is a great guy with the skills and sweet shop to make it happen.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 08-30-2012, 08:38 AM

Hey guys, I meant to say 'thank you to everyone' for your recommendations.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCortez View Post
Hey guys, I meant to say 'thank you to everyone' for your recommendations.
Glad to see that you went with Vince at Mean Streets. He is a great guy and the shop does excellent work.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 PM

Default Got MrCortez back today!

I wanted to follow up with how great my experience has been with Vince and Meanstreets Performance & Fab.

I picked up today and drove home. Tranny, gears, everything felt real solid! Best of all, no leaky tranny fluid or gear oil on my driveway anymore.

The 3:42s feel nice going 65, I just need to pump some more horses now!

What an awesome dude this guy is. He fixed some items and absorbed costs that I didn't even know existed, cuz I'm a newb, a really nice and patient guy. Nothing worse than when you deal with shops which patronize you because of your lack of knowledge or experience.

I just want to say, thanks Vince, for doing the extras, no longer veering into bike lane after slamming on the brakes!

I never thought I'd say this, but, looking forward to bringing my car back to the shop, real soon! Before the rain starts man.

Let's do this,
Mike
Old 09-01-2012, 12:53 AM

No problem mike, it was a real pleasure to work on your car and hope to actually do the work that you had originally asked for.

Also thanks for the referrals to my fellow members. As a one man shop in this field, it helps a lot.

As you can see I finally became a supporting vendor and hope to contribute more to this community. I feel this year is going to end well.
Thanks again guys!!!

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11

Last edited by Vince@Meanstreets; 09-01-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:45 AM

Sorry could resist
Plus I'm on the other side of the country and Vince is helping me with some stuff on for my car
Great guy for sure!!

[SIGPIC]https://neversaynever0304.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/you-didnt-see-anything.gif[/SIGPIC]
Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garickman View Post
Call Vince at MeanStreets Performance. He can take car of everything you need. He just opened a nice new location in San Carlos right off the freeway. He does a lot of pro touring builds and I believe he has a few camaro's in the shop right now. He is an honest guy with great skills. He is also a suspension expert.

Service and Retail store
827 Cherry lane
San Carlos CA 94070
(415) 271-4839 [email protected]

He posts on this forum as Vince@MSperfab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in SoCal View Post
You will not go wrong with either of those two. Both are great shops and quality guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Junky View Post
X2 for Vince at Mean Streets Performance in San Carlos
Quote:
Originally Posted by John510 View Post
Another vote for Vince
Quote:
Thanks Garickman, John510 and TrackJunky for the recommendation. I wanted to update you guys on your recommendation for Meanstreets Performance in San Carlos. Vince has had my Camaro for the last two weeks and he's been absolutely awesome to work with.

The previous owner really took some shortcuts and this was the first time I had someone go through it. Luckily there weren't too many 'surprises', Vince was really thorough and meticulous.

Although we haven't gotten to do the suspension and steering yet, he's been addressing some much needed work on the drivetrain. New clutch, oil pan, electrical, pinion seal, installed console, 3:42 gear swap, installed Eaton posi, re-packed my wheel bearings, new gaskets on M20, driveshaft donated!, he even fixed my exhaust hanger and adjusted my headlights. He has just been awesome, generous and real honest. I'm sure I've left some things out too.

He kept me updated and communicated well throughout the entire time. I can't recommend him enough. I'm picking up on Friday, and can't wait to drive it.

Now that we have a pretty solid foundation, looking forward to Phase II: Suspension and Ridetech Tru-turn steering!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Awesome review. Vince is a great guy with the skills and sweet shop to make it happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garickman View Post
Glad to see that you went with Vince at Mean Streets. He is a great guy and the shop does excellent work.
Quote:
I wanted to follow up with how great my experience has been with Vince and Meanstreets Performance & Fab.

I picked up today and drove home. Tranny, gears, everything felt real solid! Best of all, no leaky tranny fluid or gear oil on my driveway anymore.

The 3:42s feel nice going 65, I just need to pump some more horses now!

What an awesome dude this guy is. He fixed some items and absorbed costs that I didn't even know existed, cuz I'm a newb, a really nice and patient guy. Nothing worse than when you deal with shops which patronize you because of your lack of knowledge or experience.

I just want to say, thanks Vince, for doing the extras, no longer veering into bike lane after slamming on the brakes!

I never thought I'd say this, but, looking forward to bringing my car back to the shop, real soon! Before the rain starts man.

Let's do this,
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick D View Post

Sorry could resist
Plus I'm on the other side of the country and Vince is helping me with some stuff on for my car
Great guy for sure!!
As a business owner you cannot ask for better advertising.
Congratulations Vince!
Again, my apologies for my situation......
Old 09-01-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince@MSperfab View Post
No problem mike, it was a real pleasure to work on your car and hope to actually do the work that you had originally asked for.

Also thanks for the referrals to my fellow members. As a one man shop in this field, it helps a lot.

As you can see I finally became a supporting vendor and hope to contribute more to this community. I feel this year is going to end well.
Thanks again guys!!!
Congratulations!