Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 06-11-2023, 09:06 AM

Default 2nd Gen Speedtech Torque Arm Noise Question

Looking for feedback on 2nd Gen F bodies with Speedtech torque arm suspension.

I have a rattle from both side of the upper (IMO) rear when going over bumps.

Some background. I had Ridetch's 4 link and switched to the Speedtech torque arm. I kept my original ridetech shocks which have a 5.2" stroke along with Speedtech recommended 250 lb 10" springs. The car rides well in my opinion. Better than when it had the older version 4 link.

I've been under it many many times trying to find anything that may be loose or obvious as to where the rattle over bumps may be coming from.

Over the winter I sent the Ridetch shocks back in to them to be checked for proper function as this is driving me crazy. I also felt that the upper and lower shock bearings may be a bit on the loose side. The shocks checked out fine and were sent back without any repair. The shock moves back and forth on the mounts extremely easy. This is what made me think the bearings may need replacing. Ridetech did not think so. My fronts are much stiffer.

I am not able to find anything loose nor damaged looking to cause the rattling. I thought maybe the extreme ease of the shock 'flopping' for lack of a better term may be the culprit. As if it may be moving back and forth as it moves up and down causing the noises when it hits the side to side limits.

I don't recall how easily the shock moved originally when new. I'm also unsure if the stroke for the 4 link is ok to work with the Speedtech torque arm. I'll call Speedtech and ask them this week.

Looking to hear if anyone that actually has their set up has experienced anything like this.

Also, how stiff are your Ridetch shock mount bearings?