Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheel Gallery
User Name
Password

Old 02-04-2019, 08:54 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

Default Marc Tavalero’s 1971 Chevy Nova on Forgeline DE3C Wheels

Might a pro-touring Nova be even cooler than a Camaro or Corvette? Marc Tavalero’s gorgeous ’71 Chevrolet Nova is powered by a 490HP FAST-injected 364ci LQ9 mated to a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6-speed transmission and rides on SpeedTech Performance suspension, RideTech triple adjustable coilovers, Wilwood disc brakes, 265/35R18 & 315/35R18 Falken Azenis tires, and 18x9/18x11 Forgeline DE3C wheels finished with Transparent Smoke centers & Brushed outers! See more at: https://forgeline.com/customer-gallery/marc-tavalero/

Photos courtesy of Super Chevy Magazine. See the full story at: http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...treet-machine/

Dayton, Ohio 45439
O: 937-299-0298 x12
F: 937-643-0070
[email protected]
www.forgeline.com

Join Our Newsletter Mailing List
Old 02-05-2019, 08:16 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Beautiful car,big fan of the novas.Wheels look great and stance is perfect
Old 02-06-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgeline Wheels View Post
Might a pro-touring Nova be even cooler than a Camaro or Corvette? Marc Tavalero’s gorgeous ’71 Chevrolet Nova is powered by a 490HP FAST-injected 364ci LQ9 mated to a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6-speed transmission and rides on SpeedTech Performance suspension, RideTech triple adjustable coilovers, Wilwood disc brakes, 265/35R18 & 315/35R18 Falken Azenis tires, and 18x9/18x11 Forgeline DE3C wheels finished with Transparent Smoke centers & Brushed outers! See more at: https://forgeline.com/customer-gallery/marc-tavalero/

Photos courtesy of Super Chevy Magazine. See the full story at: http://www.superchevy.com/features/1...treet-machine/

Good looking ride!. Its got some "shinny" stuff still on the car unlike most boring lemming "black" everthing pro touring cars of the past and now being built. Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy57 View Post
The look.... except for the bushwacker flares.... same old dark/black trim wheels, bumpers..... same look as the majority of pro touring cars being built.. again except for the bushwacker flares... that's unique.. ugly but unique.

Quote:
Good looking ride!. Its got some "shinny" stuff still on the car unlike most boring lemming "black" everthing pro touring cars of the past and now being built. Very nice.

I see you have a hateful fetish for any car that has dark wheels. People like what they like, just as you have a right to not like it.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
I see you have a hateful fetish for any car that has dark wheels. People like what they like, just as you have a right to not like it.
Lol of course they do.. just don't act like the dark/black is anything unique. Its not.. boring old and pretty much lemming thing anymore. Hateful? Its amazing how some always scream hate when one doesn't agree with them. Is that you? If you don't agree or like what I like and voice your opinion I don't consider you hateful in any shape or form..I could really give my opinion on the hole black/dark/ street fighter look and really set you off I guess... I won't cheers.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:25 AM

Thumbs up

Nicely done .................

[/QUOTE]
Old 02-10-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Lol of course they do.. just don't act like the dark/black is anything unique. Its not.. boring old and pretty much lemming thing anymore. Hateful? Its amazing how some always scream hate when one doesn't agree with them. Is that you? If you don't agree or like what I like and voice your opinion I don't consider you hateful in any shape or form..I could really give my opinion on the hole black/dark/ street fighter look and really set you off I guess... I won't cheers.

Not really me at all. I think you missed my point by a landslide. Therefore, let me explain. First, and foremost...I'm fully aware that this is America and people have the right to say what they want to say. No need to say anything more about that. Second of all, and most importantly...THIS SITE ISN'T LIKE OTHERS. The love here and willingness to help is top notch. People here have personally helped me out that I don't even know and haven't met and probably never will. I've been loaned tools, been wired large amounts of money for parts to pick up for them because the parts were in my neck of the woods. Why? All because I'm simply a member of this forum. Those guys trusted me and don't know me from Adam other than here. Wouldn't recognize me if I walked past them in WalMart. So, I say all of this to say, when these very guys who go above and beyond to help out a guy like myself and even you (if needed), we don't bash and criticize how "ugly" or "lemming" something that they've built because you don't personally agree with it. Trust me and best believe, there are things here I wouldn't personally like and I might consider ugly. But, you'll never hear me say it. Why? Because, the FAMILY aura here at Lateral-g is like none other. But, with 25 posts in 7 years...maybe you haven't experienced that love and gotten to know the great bunch of guys here. Lastly, I'll make my final point if it makes you feel any better. Yes, there are a plethora of dark wheels on cars today. Guys have used this theme time and again. But, what's the difference in that from when there were hundreds to thousands of cars with chrome wheels? I MEAN...IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN POSSIBLE DO TO A CAR THAT HASN'T BASICALLY BEEN DONE. If you don't think I'm correct in what I'm saying...go back to the project section or the wheels section and read and see how many negative comments you'll find from members negatively criticizing someone's project that they've poured their sweat and hard earned money into. Then you may understand my point. Guys may say, "they would choose another color, wheel choice, etc" or "they don't like a specific manufacturers parts..." But, negatively commenting, you won't find that too much. By the way, the wheels going on my 69 convertible will be dark charcoal centers and black hoops. I'll expect and be waiting for your comments.

Last edited by 214Chevy; 02-10-2019 at 08:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 214Chevy For This Useful Post:
jarhead (06-19-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Not really me at all. I think you missed my point by a landslide. Therefore, let me explain. First, and foremost...I'm fully aware that this is America and people have the right to say what they want to say. No need to say anything more about that. Second of all, and most importantly...THIS SITE ISN'T LIKE OTHERS. The love here and willingness to help is top notch. People here have personally helped me out that I don't even know and haven't met and probably never will. I've been loaned tools, been wired large amounts of money for parts to pick up for them because the parts were in my neck of the woods. Why? All because I'm simply a member of this forum. Those guys trusted me and don't know me from Adam other than here. Wouldn't recognize me if I walked past them in WalMart. So, I say all of this to say, when these very guys who go above and beyond to help out a guy like myself and even you (if needed), we don't bash and criticize how "ugly" or "lemming" something that they've built because you don't personally agree with it. Trust me and best believe, there are things here I wouldn't personally like and I might consider ugly. But, you'll never hear me say it. Why? Because, the FAMILY aura here at Lateral-g is like none other. But, with 25 posts in 7 years...maybe you haven't experienced that love and gotten to know the great bunch of guys here. Lastly, I'll make my final point if it makes you feel any better. Yes, there are a plethora of dark wheels on cars today. Guys have used this theme time and again. But, what's the difference in that from when there were hundreds to thousands of cars with chrome wheels? I MEAN...IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU CAN POSSIBLE DO TO A CAR THAT HASN'T BASICALLY BEEN DONE. If you don't think I'm correct in what I'm saying...go back to the project section or the wheels section and read and see how many negative comments you'll find from members negatively criticizing someone's project that they've poured their sweat and hard earned money into. Then you may understand my point. Guys may say, "they would choose another color, wheel choice, etc" or "they don't like a specific manufacturers parts..." But, negatively commenting, you won't find that too much. By the way, the wheels going on my 69 convertible will be dark charcoal centers and black hoops. I'll expect and be waiting for your comments.
And yet nothing about the crux of the matter..... someone's a hater if they don't agree with you? You posted it not me. Run your black wheels that's fine great........ I will cheerfully point out to my buddies nice car but for the.... they can disagree or agree with me and you are free to do the same with your buddies... Me personally I'm tired of all the " black" everywhere in the pro touring world ( to say it's not what the vast majority are doing would be to deny what is self evident) and i don't follow it much anymore as they tend to be a bit on the boring side with most going for the same look. ( and yes I have a very nice pro touring car, in my opinion, so I understand the pro touring thing quite well) I also have opinions on those that build their own vs having a " pro" built car.........wonder which side of the coin I'm on that one? Lol I enjoy reading ones opinions on things and there are other places where that takes place and I enjoy those forums a bit more then here. To sum it up I prefer a classic look ( which is what makes these cars so popular) and don't much care for the rush to " late model " them with "black" being a large part of. Cheers and have a great day.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
someone's a hater if they don't agree with you? You posted it not me.

I understand and you have a great day too. Besides...I never called you a HATER. I said...."hateful fetish." That would be a characteristic. Not a state of being. See original post below..... Besides, could you post some pics of your car. I'd love to see it. Not being funny at all.

Quote:

Old 02-14-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgeline Wheels View Post

Mark - great build, stance, and choice of wheels.....My next set will be from you!

"ssmike" on PT.com