Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2016, 11:48 PM

Hey Greg,

I have tried sending you the links on face book from the local news over hear in Aus. It's about a new treatment found in North West Queensland Rain Forrest.

The Chemical name is EBC 46. Look it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:04 AM

Keep up the fight Greg, sorry to hear you're going through this, but what am amazing attitude you have!! F#*@ Cancer!

69 Camaro
Several other things with wheels and engines

https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=27133
Old 08-16-2016, 12:27 AM

The human body has a complex eco cannibidoid system, I don't think it's a freak coincidence that there is vegetation on the planet that supports this system.

Doctors and nutritionists tell us vegetables are good for us, with the exception of marijuana because the FDA will pull their license to practice for recommending a non-FDA approved treatment.

I queried my vet today about treating my Lab with CBD due to his somewhat extreme anxiety when riding in a car, Benadryl and other recommended medications don't phase him. She told me that she would lose her license for recommending non-FDA approved treatment as well. Then mentioned she has two human friends that are living proof that RSO works.

It appears the lobbyist, big pharma, politicians, and other entities of the government want our money much more than our health. Since marijuana is a plant it cannot be patented in a manner that allows the 'players' big profit.

Here's a little Eco Cannabinoid System info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannabinoid_system
Old 08-16-2016, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
My thought process was that your treatments have put you in a place where modern medicine could now help you without chemo. (Remove your tumor/Open up other ducts) You get the point.

You know the intricate details and I don't. I just wanted to throw it out there.
I spoke with a good friend who's a longtime surgical oncologists familiar with the Klatskin bile duct tumor. The problem with this tumor is it doesn't present itself until late stage, even if caught early which is very rare he said it's difficult at best to successfully remove this type of tumor and in later stages it's simply not possible.

The odds between the US and UK of contracting a Klatskin tumor are 1-2 in 100,000 so they're very rare and thus the profession has little clinical data to fall back on. So in this day of medical malpractice I don't think surgeons are overly excited about performing the surgery.

In my research I've read that the THC actually turns the cancer cells on themselves and eliminates the tumor.....key words: I've read.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:46 AM

The only thing I would add, Doctors are humans like the rest of us. They have their own perspectives, beliefs, and skills in the medical field, specifically. I'd want multiple opinions from experts if that's possible.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:14 AM

My Dad smoked cigarettes, heavily...for over 60 years. He often asked me "Why haven't I ever got lung cancer?"

My Dad also used cannabis regularly for the last 30 years of his life. This thread has me wondering if there is some connection between the two?

He died from COPD little over a year ago, his lungs were so full of tar that every time they did a chest X ray on him, they'd have to back up and do another because they'd miss the bottom parts of his lungs that had stretched down so far from the tar. The last 10 years or so he couldn't take smoking cannabis anymore, so he made brownies...his daily routine of having a brownie with his morning coffee sounds a little bit like what Greg is describing above...maybe not as scientific but one has to wonder if that is what kept him from ever getting any types of cancer and who knows how long it actually may have extended his life.

Thanks for sharing your story Greg, hope you don't mind if I pass it along to some of my friends and family that are dealing with some sort or another of cancer treatment as well.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
The only thing I would add, Doctors are humans like the rest of us. They have their own perspectives, beliefs, and skills in the medical field, specifically. I'd want multiple opinions from experts if that's possible.
They are absolutely human, I have numerous good motorsport/car, hunting/shooting, and golfing friends that are Docs.

Problem is they are a business and subject to heavy regulation by the insurance industry and the FDA.

Have you noticed the mental health questionnaires you have to answer now at the doctors office? Maybe it's just me because I hold a concealed carry permit? These two page questionnaires based on the nature and language are obviously mandated by their regulatory sources. My dentist office also has a similar but not as in depth mental health interrogation.

So those who abide by the regulatory authorities cannot give you their honest personal opinion without professional consequences.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Rather than try to respond individually to various suggestions etc -- which just makes for a whole bunch of reading.... I'm going to just answer ONCE - the reasons for NOT DOING surgery or Chemo etc.

Personally we have led a very charmed life style. We don't just get a room at the Beverly Wilshire. We get a suite. The point? There's not much I haven't done.

75th running of the Monaco Grand Prix? CHECK!

25th Eddie Aikau? CHECK!

MY POINT?? The QUALITY of life must have some consideration. Life for me means being active - traveling - doing things that can't be compromised by feeling crappy -- or having to do appointments for chemo treatment - therefore being tied to some "place". A liver transplant is out of the question for me. Just not going to live with all the side affects etc that is going to entail.

AND HERE IS WHERE THE THC/CBD TREATMENT has been so "effective" to date -- mind you -- we're only 3 lousy months into this thing -- because I have been able to continue to do the things I like to do! I'm headed out on a mountain bike ride in a few minutes. Then I'm going to workout with my trainer tomorrow. And I'm planning on doing DirtFish -- and Thunderhill -- and SEMA -- and beyond. WHY?? Because I FEEL it's doable! End of story. TO me ----- that means the stuff is doing it's job. I'm over the hump.... and on the road to normality. Isn't that success enough?

How long does this last? Who knows? 2 months - 6 months - a year...... Doesn't matter. Until that day - I get up every day and go do stuff. That's living. The other -- that -- to me -- is suffering.

Last edited by GregWeld; 08-16-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
The human body has a complex eco cannibidoid system, I don't think it's a freak coincidence that there is vegetation on the planet that supports this system.

Doctors and nutritionists tell us vegetables are good for us, with the exception of marijuana because the FDA will pull their license to practice for recommending a non-FDA approved treatment.

I queried my vet today about treating my Lab with CBD due to his somewhat extreme anxiety when riding in a car, Benadryl and other recommended medications don't phase him. She told me that she would lose her license for recommending non-FDA approved treatment as well. Then mentioned she has two human friends that are living proof that RSO works.

It appears the lobbyist, big pharma, politicians, and other entities of the government want our money much more than our health. Since marijuana is a plant it cannot be patented in a manner that allows the 'players' big profit.

Here's a little Eco Cannabinoid System info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endocannabinoid_system
My dog LOVES THC on car rides!!! lol we have to give her some or she will have a heart attack!! I have no idea where the dog gets it from either!!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:01 PM

[

And I'm planning on doing DirtFish -- and Thunderhill -- and SEMA -- and beyond. WHY?? Because I FEEL it's doable! End of story. TO me ----- that means the stuff is doing it's job. I'm over the hump.... and on the road to normality. Isn't that success enough?

And that is what we talked about on our visit, Especially Anita! make plans and make them happen!! so glad to hear that things are better.