Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 09-12-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I use a "annual pay" doctor here for normal stuff -- a "concierge" doctor I think they're called. So that's ON TOP of the insurance premiums and deductible.....

I like the ACCESS! Call and you're in! Plus I like the doctor - he talks to me like I talk to my friends (in other words - not nice and doesn't beat around the bush).

IMHO "Obamacare" totally hosed the insurance that we HAD and liked --- costs have gone WAY WAY up - deductible is double or more... and coverage is less. All typical and expected when the "government" gets involved.
I thought this was an very interesting business model and I have looked around in my area to find a Doctor like this!
Old 09-13-2017, 07:35 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluid Power View Post
I thought this was an very interesting business model and I have looked around in my area to find a Doctor like this!

Their model is supposedly to have fewer patients -- with a higher / steady income for their practice. It makes total sense. They interviewed ME to see if they wanted me as a patient. Of course that's a two way street....

At the time I had an extremely high probability of death.... so maybe they thought WTH -- he pays for a year and only lives for 3 or 4 more months! SMART!!!! LOL

Actually -- the doctor thought my case was "interesting".... Which - I guess, if you're in his business - he'd be just like us - certain things would be interesting over the usual sniffles or a rash.
Old 01-01-2018, 08:25 AM

Woke up early this morning...... because I went to bed about 9 --- LOL

Happy New Year 2018 !!

So far -- Still cancer free! Thank you THC/CBD. Amazing. I still can't figure it all out but we'll roll with it.

I have not had any THC/CBD or smoked anything etc since March 2017 when the Mayo Clinic said I was 100% cancer free. I'm not on ANY medications - zero - not so much as an aspirin. Not bad for being almost 65 !

I go back to the Mayo mid January for another ERCP (they go in to clean out the stents in my liver - this is an every 4 months procedure now) and the usual battery of tests... at which time I'm hoping to get another "you're good to go" result.

Sadly -- I have made up an "email" about the dosage etc for the treatment of cancer - that gets requested almost daily by someone. It's not the rambling that has been posted here. It's more straight up - here's a video to watch - here's what you're looking for - here's the dosage - kind of email. If you know of someone that is interested - just PM me your email and I will (sadly) forward it.

I hope to not have to send it to anyone in 2018.....
Old 01-01-2018, 10:12 AM

And happy 2018 to you Greg! Thanks for being open with us, and your helpfulness concerning this, to all who are in need is very appreciated!
Your not finished down here buddy!
70 velle' on custom chassis w/custom RideTech coilovers, RED sleeved 434” with Mamo 265’s, F-body Magnum, 12 bolt 3:73, wilwood 6/4's, bla, bla, bla...build. thread https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=39631
New 434” engine build here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...ved-block.html

Thanks Dad!!

My Chevelle is old school... It has a belt driven power steering pump.
They're 17's, but I keep em clean!
Old 01-01-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che70velle View Post
And happy 2018 to you Greg! Thanks for being open with us, and your helpfulness concerning this, to all who are in need is very appreciated!
Your not finished down here buddy!

God Bless ya buddy!

The Grateful Dead song --- What a long strange trip it's been -- comes to mind. LOL
Old 01-01-2018, 02:32 PM

Happy New Year Greg! Your post starts this year off on a good note knowing how well your doing! I hope it only gets better for you.

Old 01-01-2018, 02:39 PM

Thanked 1,267 Times in 479 Posts

Now show em your sweater......
Old 01-01-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynieZ View Post
Happy New Year Greg! Your post starts this year off on a good note knowing how well your doing! I hope it only gets better for you.

Thanks Wayne! So far all is good and that's the way it's going to stay! I've got big plans for 2018....... LOL

Ordered a new pickup from Wes Rydell.... Thinking up a new race trailer.... New race car being built... The '40 is coming along... kids are good... dogs are healthy... Gwen still likes me...

Hope you get that project of yours on the ground soon.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:05 PM

I mentioned weed/cancer to a coworker just today. Told him how effective it is for some. Not the answer, but an alternative for some. He initially said "I saw a video that said that was all bull**** and not proven..." we had a good discussion about what I have read and it seemed to open his mind up to considering more than just one negative video... I hope with all the continuing legalization, more progress is made.

I welcome any emails from you GW, but I hope not to need that particular one.

Jeff-
Old 01-01-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzer View Post
I mentioned weed/cancer to a coworker just today. Told him how effective it is for some. Not the answer, but an alternative for some. He initially said "I saw a video that said that was all bull**** and not proven..." we had a good discussion about what I have read and it seemed to open his mind up to considering more than just one negative video... I hope with all the continuing legalization, more progress is made.

I welcome any emails from you GW, but I hope not to need that particular one.

Jeff-

I hope to never have to send it to anyone....

This "alternative" takes a very open mind. But really - it just takes the willingness to crawl around the internet a bit and follow the trail that takes. There's a zillion videos. The University of Israel is doing studies on it.... And the US Health and Human Services owns the patent on its medical use. Despite what the idiots at the DEA have to say <no medical uses whatsoever> about it.
Do ya think the DEA ever picked up the phone and asked the US Health and Human Services Dept why they have the patent on its medical use? Yeah... NO. We're talking "government" here.... that would never happen.

The truth is -- cancer treatment is big business -- $200 BILLION annually.... but we all know people that have done Chemo and Radiation and have suffered the side effects for months - and then passed anyway. Or been given the all clear - only to have it come roaring back.

I'm hoping this treatment works better than that.... so far... knock on wood... it seems to be. Time will tell.

In the meantime - I'm goin racin'