User Name
Password

Old 12-07-2020, 08:32 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default 1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Convertible

Item Location (City/State): Dunwoody, GA

Price:6000

Description:
Selling my father's 93 40th Anniversary car. Unfortunately, the last time he drove the car it ruptured the upper radiator hose and overheated. There was coolant in the oil pan when I drained it. The engine did run with the coolant in the pan. Only long enough to get on and off the trailer but it still ran. I failed to check the oil level before starting the car. So, best case scenario is the car will only need new head gaskets. Worse case scenario, the engine will need to be rebuilt or replaced.

Overall, the car is a good driver and has been garaged all of its life. My father has owned the car since 2005 or 2007. It's not been involved in any accidents to our knowledge. It does appear that the front and rear bumper covers have been repainted before he purchased the car. I think this would make a great project car for anyone interested as it's complete and largely unmolested. The top was replaced a few years ago and upgraded to a glass rear window.

Mileage is 117k. The paint pictures well but the car would need a good detailing. I tested out some of my new pads that I had bought to perform the detail on the door and hood and it polishes up very nice. There are some scratches and rubs but nothing major for a nearly 30 year old car that was driven.

The wheels are in very good condition. Curb rashing is very minimal. The clear coat is not peeling or cracked anywhere from what I can see. The tires are old and squared which is a testament to how little the car was driven while my father owned it.

VIN is 1G1YY33PXP5115958. I'm typing this out in the hopes that a simple search in the future will bring anyone to this post stating the engine was overheated. I've seen too many questionable practices and victims of said practices that would have been saved with a VIN search of the internet.

Asking $6000 obo because we have to start somewhere. Truth me told, the price is very negotiable and we're open to offers. Please reach out if you're interested. I have many more pictures.

Thanks

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims

Last edited by WSSix; 12-13-2020 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-13-2020, 09:03 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Sold. Thanks for looking.

Current rides: 2000 BMW 540i/6 and 86 C10.

Former ride: 1979 Trans Am WS6: LT1/T56, Kore 3 C5/6 brakes, BMW 18in rims