Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM

Thanks Matt for explaining.

And yes, im am also sorry to post a thread like this, but on the other side i felt it was in its place. I was pretty clear in my emails in mid desember that i wanted to be updated on whats was going on with my order, but no update came without me asking for it. So in this world of sharing experiences thru the web both good and bad, i felt like posting this.

But now as I have stired up some negative press, i will also post my positive experiences wich i know will come when the package finally arrives. Also im not finished with the driveline, so Matt, you will have the chance to make things right when the driveshaft is ordered.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Also, I got the topic changed. I may have been a litle to fired up when I started this tread, and it was a litle to sharp for my taste. Things should be fair..
Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isak View Post
Also, I got the topic changed. I may have been a little too fired up when I started this thread, and it was a little too sharp for my taste. Things should be fair..
I think that is respectable that you made the title more general and less judgmental.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
Isak

Your totally right this order has taken to long. But to clear the air for any overseas shipments we hold the order until all the parts are here or it gets really expensive for shipping and customs.

Who ever told you it was clevis pins that was incorrect it was your hydramax bracket we have been waiting on. We redesigned the brackets so they fit better and it hurt our supply line. Your kit IS shipping this week. The transmission was delayed first then the bracket held it up this last week. And not to mention the holidays but that is not your problem.

The transmissions are slow to arrive sometimes from TREMEC especially this time of year. TREMEC builds the OE transmissions for the new Camaro, Challengers and Caddys with 6-speeds. This is their prime manufacturing run season and at the same time its also the build season for enthusiasts. So it hits right in the middle of our best selling time. This season runs now through usually early April. Hurst and other dealers are also hurt by this supply shortage. TREMEC has to shut down their OE lines to build the aftermarket transmissions. We try to forecast how many we need but they still sometimes can't keep up with demand due to building OE trannys. Not knocking TREMEC but its the nature of the business.

Again I am sorry for the delay and communication from our staff. If you need anything else feel free to drop me a note.

Thanks
Matt Graves
American Powertrain
Sponsor Lateral-G
Matt, thanks for addressing this.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

My order went in mid October !!! Still nothing!! I'm starting the process to stop my order tomorrow when I get back in town !! I'll address this in my own thread!!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

-
Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isak

Your totally right this order has taken to long. But to clear the air for any overseas shipments we hold the order until all the parts are here or it gets really expensive for shipping and customs.

Who ever told you it was clevis pins that was incorrect it was your hydramax bracket we have been waiting on. We redesigned the brackets so they fit better and it hurt our supply line. Your kit IS shipping this week. The transmission was delayed first then the bracket held it up this last week. And not to mention the holidays but that is not your problem.

The transmissions are slow to arrive sometimes from TREMEC especially this time of year. TREMEC builds the OE transmissions for the new Camaro, Challengers and Caddys with 6-speeds. This is their prime manufacturing run season and at the same time its also the build season for enthusiasts. So it hits right in the middle of our best selling time. This season runs now through usually early April. Hurst and other dealers are also hurt by this supply shortage. TREMEC has to shut down their OE lines to build the aftermarket transmissions. We try to forecast how many we need but they still sometimes can't keep up with demand due to building OE trannys. Not knocking TREMEC but its the nature of the business.

Again I am sorry for the delay and communication from our staff. If you need anything else feel free to drop me a note.

Thanks
Matt Graves
American Powertrain
Sponsor Lateral
This is exactly the point I am tryng to make with this thread ! I just read this post in the transmission section and my friggin blood started boiling!!! My trans kit was orderd mid October I was told about the TREMEC shortage but it was only a four week delay! After six weeks (emails and phone calls another story)I was told I would have it late December,still no trans! No calls no emails about whats going on, nothing! Point being .Tell me this is ''Tremec's PRIME manufacturing run'' for this time of the season!! AND YOUR NOT SURE WHEN THE TRANSMISSIONS WILL BE DELIVERED!!! For me its that easy!!!!!! It sounds to me like you guys know this happens every year! Knowing this why would you require half the money in my case $4300.00 witch pisses me off even more!!! If you told me it was going to be a few hundred dollars to hold my place in line so when the ''Prime'' season is done I would have a place in line that would work for me also!!!!! So for me I think your responce above is complete BULLSH^T!!! I said what I had to say I done!!!!

Last edited by DOOM; 01-08-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
-

This is exactly the point I am tryng to make with this thread ! I just read this post in the transmission section and my friggin blood started boiling!!! My trans kit was orderd mid October I was told about the TREMEC shortage but it was only a four week delay! After six weeks (emails and phone calls another story)I was told I would have it late December,still no trans! No calls no emails about whats going on, nothing! Point being .Tell me this is ''Tremec's PRIME manufacturing run'' for this time of the season!! AND YOUR NOT SURE WHEN THE TRANSMISSIONS WILL BE DELIVERED!!! For me its that easy!!!!!! It sounds to me like you guys know this happens every year! Knowing this why would you require half the money in my case $4300.00 hundred dollars witch pisses me off even more!!! If you told me it was going to be a few hundred dollars to hold my place in line so when the ''Prime'' season is done I would have a place in line that would work for me also!!!!! So for me I think your responce above is complete BULLSH^T!!! I said what I had to say I done!!!!

Can send me a PM with your info so I find out who took your order and all the details? I am going to resolve this for you in the morning.

Thanks
Matt Graves
Old 01-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,443 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Can send me a PM with your info so I find out who took your order and all the details? I am going to resolve this for you in the morning.

Thanks
Matt Graves
Appreciate it Matt.

PAST CAR PROJECTS

Like Lateral-G on Facebook!

Follow Lateral-G on Instagram!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
Jacob Ehlers and Amsoil for the lubricants and degreasers for my 70 Chevelle project
Shannon at Modo Innovations for the cool billet DBW bracket
Roadster Shop for their Chevelle SPEC Chassis
Dakota Digital for their Chevelle HDX Gauge Package
Painless Performance for their wiring harness

Ron Davis Radiators for their radiator and fan assembly.
Baer Brakes for their front and rear brakes

Texas Speed and Performance for their 427 LS Stroker
American Powertrain for their ProFit Magnum T56 kit
Currie Enterprises for their 9" Third Member
Forgeline for their GF3 Wheels
McLeod Racing for their RXT street twin clutch
Ididit for their steering column
Holley for their EFI and engine parts
Lokar and Clayton Machine for their pedals and door and window handles
Morris Classic Concepts for their 3 point belts and side mirrors
Thermotec for their heat sleeve and sound deadening products
Restomod Air for their Tru Mod A/C kit
Mightymouse Solutions for their catch can
Magnaflow for their 3" exhaust system
Aeromotive for their dual Phantom fuel system
Vintage Air for their new Mid Mount LS front drive
Hydratech Braking for their hydroboost system
Borgeson for their stainless steering shaft and u joints
Eddie Motorsports for their hood and trunk hinges and misc parts
TMI Products for their seats, door panels, and dash pad
Rock Valley Antique Auto Parts for their stainless fuel tank
Old 01-07-2013, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
-

This is exactly the point I am tryng to make with this thread ! I just read this post in the transmission section and my friggin blood started boiling!!! My trans kit was orderd mid October I was told about the TREMEC shortage but it was only a four week delay! After six weeks (emails and phone calls another story)I was told I would have it late December,still no trans! No calls no emails about whats going on, nothing! Point being .Tell me this is ''Tremec's PRIME manufacturing run'' for this time of the season!! AND YOUR NOT SURE WHEN THE TRANSMISSIONS WILL BE DELIVERED!!! For me its that easy!!!!!! It sounds to me like you guys know this happens every year! Knowing this why would you require half the money in my case $4300.00 hundred dollars witch pisses me off even more!!! If you told me it was going to be a few hundred dollars to hold my place in line so when the ''Prime'' season is done I would have a place in line that would work for me also!!!!! So for me I think your responce above is complete BULLSH^T!!! I said what I had to say I done!!!!

Mario
I did find out some info on your order. You had the cryo treatment done to your transmission which can take up to an additional month due to the customized process. Each transmission has be disassembled, gears polished and cryo treated. Then reassembled tested and shipped out back to us. I believe Paul was your sales person. He said he contacted you just before Christmas. Paul has been on vacation during the holidays so an order update must have missed you. Paul is going to call you first thing in the morning. If you have any more problems please let me know. I know people had waited up to month on some transmissions but not 3 months. The cryo process is lengthy sometimes. So waiting on trans then when we finally get them it has to go to the cryo process then it adds more time. Again I am sorry for the lack of communication. Our guys do an outstanding job and I will defend them on their efforts. But nobody is perfect and sometimes we drop the ball on communication.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 PM

Hi Matt,

im sending you a private message.

Vince @ Meanstreets Performance

Dealer for
ACCUAIR rideheight control systems
ENTROPY RADIATORS XXX radiators for your pro-touring vehicle
FORGELINE MOTORSPORTS Highline custom 3 piece wheels
WEGNER AUTOMOTIVE Custom engines and LSX drive systems
SPEEDTECH PERFORMANCE Bay Area stocking dealer

NEVER FORGET -11