Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 01-23-2021, 08:13 AM

Default Goolsby exhaust tips

Hey guys,

I have a 67 RS Camaro with DSE tubs and Quadralink, as well as the Moser 9 inch rear end. I am seriously considering the Goolsby exhaust tips that run through the rear valance panel, they look badass. I am guessing they would be located where the current RS reverse lights are located. I was wondering if anyone has any photos of the Quadralink setup and underside/backside of the rear valance, as I am trying to visualize how the exhaust would run/be mounted there. I have scoured Google, but haven't found any pictures that really help. I know that I will most certainly need to get a custom exhaust to make this work, which is fine.

Goolsby directed me to their 69 LokaRS build, which is how they developed these exhaust tips. However, they weren't using the Quadralink. I may be overthinking this, but I try to do my due diligence to minimize build headaches. These tips aren't cheap, so I don't want to buy them, and then not have them work out.https://www.lokar.com/ext-products.html#exhausttips

Thanks for any info you can give,

LonghornJPS
Old 01-23-2021, 09:52 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I have the Goolsby exhaust tips, but sorry not the DSE Quadralink. I can offer some insight though. Just for clarification, the tips do not go where the backup lights go...I don't think. I didn't have the rear backup lights option, but I'm pretty sure those exhaust tips would be much larger than the opening for the lights. Also, they are left and right specific. The have a slightly different shape as you'll see when you buy them. Then you're gonna need a machine shop to contour the bevel of the exhaust tip to the shape of the rear valance as the tips are made to fit several cars so you'll have to shape them. Once you cut the tip, then you have to round off the cut so it won't be just a flat edge. That was a lot of work. The machine shop that cut and shaped mine did a very poor job and I ended up still having to have a friend of mine reshape them even more. Then once you cut the opening for the tips, you have to build custom brackets on the inside to hold them. Nonetheless, they are awesome pieces. Not cheap either...
Attached Images

Last edited by 214Chevy; 01-23-2021 at 10:50 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 214Chevy For This Useful Post:
LonghornJPS (01-23-2021), zz430droptop67rs (01-23-2021)
Old 02-22-2022, 04:38 PM

Anyone else have additional info to add? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-30-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornJPS View Post
Anyone else have additional info to add? Thanks in advance!
You can located them where they look right for you closer together or further apart. I don't have insight on the fitment regarding the other parts though sorry.

But as far as contouring, if you are comfortable with a roloc sander (90 degree 3" pneumatic sander) they are easy to shape. cut the opening in the sheet metal stick the tips so there is a portion protruding past sheetmetal all the way around, then use a scribe with some dykem to mark where the sheet metal edge is in on the tip. Remove tips and sand down flat to line, then using the sander or a file and roll the edge to your liking.

Make sure before marking that the tip is installed square and tightened in place where it will reside after final install.

I worked at Goolsby a number of years ago as a fabricator they are great guys, and won't put their name on just anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kail For This Useful Post:
LonghornJPS (03-31-2022)