Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2014, 07:49 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default 73 Camaro - Better Grow a Mullet!

So, as my truck build winds down (it's a 68 GMC C1500 with a bunch of goodies) I needed something else to play with. I've always wanted a 2nd gen Camaro. Something about the 72 vintage that I love, considering that I am a 72 vintage.

Long story short, I got the itch to get rid of a Chopper I built/bought... a 2012 Bourget Fat Daddy with a 131 Cubic inch R&R motor in it. Was offered a trade, plus some cash and took it.

It's a 73 Camaro, pretty base model, but someone spent some time with it. It has the original 350 LT, 4 speed manual and floors that came with it. Fenders are a little tender and it's not the best paint, but very workable. Someone also added a Weiand 177 blower to it.

After reading around a bunch of different vendors, picking up some guidance and talking with my friend Darren at Ride Tech, we've decided on the following mods: Scott Mock C6 mandrel bent frame, Scott Mock installed 5th Gen Camaro IRS, de-tuned LS3 (reducing stroke, increasing bore) to mimic an old school DZ302 (more like DZ329), DSE mini tubs, Ride Tech shocks, ZR1 TR6060 trans and a bunch of stainless exhaust. Will get Pro Car Rally seats in black leather, vintage air and a heck of an audio system.

Already have most of the parts in the garage. Just waiting to strip the Camaro, load the parts in the enclosed trailer and take a drive for a burrito.

Oh and this is not my first rodeo. My dad started a restoration business in 1972 that I inherited when he passed on. Performance cars are fun, but wanted to send this out to someone who's built a bunch of them. We do things like 60's Ferrari's, Porsches and other stock exotics that don't handle, accelerate or brake like this one will.

The intent is a cruiser that when thrown into a corner will cause you to vomit.

To that end, I hope to lighten it up quite a bit. The entire Anvil carbon fiber catalog will be thrown at it.

To slow it down, I worked with Jay at Budnik and picked up some Baer 14" brakes... we're also doing wheels while he's at it.

I did an intro a while back with my truck. I've promised a few folks a build thread. Figured I'd start with something we're actually building vs one that's mostly finished. WaynieZ made me do it
Attached Images

Last edited by grendel; 01-04-2015 at 09:03 PM.