Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Brakes
User Name
Password

Old 08-01-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik68 View Post
For what it's worth, I installed thicker c-clips that took out nearly ALL end play of my axles...barely able to slip into the axle groove. You can search for the corner carvers thread for the guy that sells em. Here is the email address fyi:

[email protected]

I can say that I put a residual valve AND return springs behind the caliper pistons and neither seemed to help knockback one bit.

My car is still being put together so I can't tell you whether the thicker c-clips have reduced knockback. I have C5 corvette floating calipers.
Thanks. I don't have c-clips any more. I had knockback on the street with my 12 bolt/c-clip setup. When I switched to the Strange S60 with tapered bearings, it eliminated the knockback on the street altogether. The only way I can get knockback on the street now is if I hit a rotary at 50 and the exit at a hard 90 doing the same speed, and it's still not as bad as during AutoX.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I agree, if you have an emergency brake, autocross it and coast to a stop and see which pads are separated from the rotors.
I just need to find an empty parking lot on a weekend to simulate an AutoX. I live in Boston, and for some reason the cops frown in driving like a maniac even when no one else is around.

All front end components (brakes, hubs, bearings, spindles, etc.) are relatively new with less than 4,000 miles on them. Front wheels spin freely with no bearing sounds, so is be surprised if there's an issue there.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:29 PM

Was you able to resolve the issue?

I am getting ready to order a new frame, which will have a 9" rear. I want to make sure i get the correct setup to not have this issue. Really doe want to order a full floater since it adds $3000 to the build. But i may have to.