Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Cooling: Radiators/Fans/Controllers
User Name
Password

Old 11-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Hey Lou, you running two fans from one module or two modules, one for each fan? If two modules, you triggering both with one signal wire from the ECM?

And if Lou is running two modules, anyone know if you can run two fans from one module?
Old 11-20-2013, 06:34 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

We're running two fans with two modules, both triggered by the same ECU signal. Seems to work fine so far.

I believe our set up is overkill. You should be able to drive two fans with one module as long as you don't exceed the module's rating or the total amperage of the fan in the application the module was originally designed for.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:25 AM

Anyone ever find a source for the connector for the module itself?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 AM

I have been following this post and have a question. I have a taurus fan and am getting the holley dominator which I want to make the fan powered by pwm. I was planning on get a solid state relay and send the pwm - signal to it to turn the relay on and off. I haven't checked any diagrams at work but looking at this module I am wondering is it just a nice looking solid state relay? The relay I plan on using is 4 wire so this has one extra wire, I think the extra one is + to fan motor?
Basically I would have
bat + to one side of the coil
pwm - to the other side of the coil
ground to fan motor from relay
ground from battery to relay
and I would have a + wire direct to the fan motor + wire
There would be fuses etc I was just making it quick for example. I like this module if its what I am thinking as its compact and looks more factory than a ssr, it would be nice to find the darn connector for it to finish it off though. So is it possible I could use this to power my taurus fan with my holley ecu?

Thanks to any one that can help out, this site has a lot of great info I have been taking in
'91 GMC Syclone #892
'92 GMC Typhoon #0076 Dads
'92 GMC Typhoon # Project Burnt Ty
Old 03-02-2014, 08:55 AM

Your not going to get the PWM functionality with a relay, you need the PWM module. A relay you will get on and off, nothing else.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Hi Scot

I am defiantly new to this stuff and trying to understand just so you know and can go easy on me
From what I have been reading the dominator will send out a pwm + or - signal, if I wire that to a solid state relay the relay is able to handle the pwm signal and will pulse the power or ground of the fan. Here is where I got the idea
http://forums.holley.com/showthread....Fan-Holley-EFI
So the way I understand it is the ecu is doing the controlling and can speed up or slow down the pwm and the relay will then pulse the power (or ground depending on hookup) to the fan.
To me thats what the stock e67 ecu is doing and sending it to this module which to me sounds like a ssr.

If I was able to get more info on this control module I may be able to understand it more but so far thats what I have gotten out of it

If this is just a nice ssr I was thinking of using it to control my fuel pump also because that is way less amps than fans.

Thanks for more info I hope I can understand this stuff even more before I have to start doing the actual work!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:08 PM

Hmmm, give ti a try then & see if it will work. Let us know.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 PM

Well I just got one from amazon. First thing I must say is wow its bigger than I thought. Guess I should have looked at the amazon ad where it says 6x6x4. Figured I would mention that maybe others have thought it was smaller also.

I am still waiting for the dominator to show up so I can not test anything just yet but I defiantly will when it gets here
Now on the connector I would really like to find it, my brother looked at the #'s that were posted and he said the part # is the first 5, 48769. The 4 after it has something to do with the cavity and all the others are the type of material, pa6 is some sort of material along with gf and the 15 and 30 are the percentage of gf.

We searched all the places he could think of and no luck so far. He wanted to see if anyone could get some good pics of the connector especially on where the #'s are as that helps to see what brand it is I guess.
Hes also going to check through his work his they can come up with anything.
Otherwise I told him I'm going to have him 3d print me one

Just wanted to give an update and if/when I find anything on the connector I will get the word out and hopefully be able to help someone!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:56 AM

When starting from scratch, how are you guys mounting the GM AC pressure switch?

Support your local hot rod shop!
Old 03-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

It was a 3 step process for me: 1. get a sensor from GM (I called Jeff Tate at Riverside Chevrolet). 2. Get an adapter (I went to the local auto A/C expert) for the sensor to screw in. Cost me $20. 3. Send the assembly to Vintage Air, and they brazed #8 A/C ends on the adapter.
Attached Images

II Much Fabrication's Blog New products, Fabrication sequences, etc.