Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 08-23-2014, 08:10 PM

Default New member from Seattle 55 Chevy

Hello all,
Went to an autocross event at Bremerton Raceway a couple weeks ago to spectate. I had never watched one before and was blown away at how much fun it looked like. I've been doing a little drag racing for a few years, but I want to have more seat time and use the wheel and brake pedal too.
Gonna try to upload a couple photos of my 55 chevy two door wagon, I'm considering some suspension upgrades for.
Anybody else have a tri five? Or in the Seattle area?
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-23-2014, 08:12 PM

photo looks a little too large?
try another here,
Old 08-23-2014, 10:20 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Welcome to Lateral-G! Love the car. Always had a soft spot for them. Plenty of guys up your way to hang out and have fun with. Be warned though, this stuff is addicting.

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 08-24-2014, 09:17 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Northwest Classic Chevy Club just had their annual Tri-Five Chevy only show at the XXX RootBeer in Issaquah. That show generally has 250 to 300+ tri-fives.

They have a website:

http://www.nwccc.net

They meet once a month at the XXX RootBeer there in Issaquah. If you've not been out there - it's chalk a block full of car "stuff"... including a 409 that will greet you at the entrance.

Find Bud Worley. He knows every car guy in the Universe. And a group of them go to every show as a group every waking moment.

NONE of them knows anything about actual handling or suspension. But they can help you with Tri Five stuff and where to get things etc.

I'm not a car show kind of guy - but random people cruise out there every nice Saturday afternoon beginning around 3:30 or 4:00 just to hang out and blab... so if you're bored... and looking for like minded people. Punch it out there. Look for "MARV"... and introduce yourself - Tell him I said to.

I did live there until a couple weeks ago. And I just sold my '56 Nomad at Barrett JackASS this past January.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On to the handling part. At a MINIMUM - You're going to need to change your upper and lower control arms.... add a pan hard bar to the rear... and upgrade your brakes to disc all around - and upgrade to RideTech shocks.

If you want to see how well a station wagon can get around the course -- look up Newman Creations (Kyle and Paul) - contact them and ask if they've posted up any videos etc on YouTube. They're great people and know their stuff about getting your wagon to turn.

http://www.newmancarcreations.com/55-57-chevy/

My Nomad had a Jim Meyer Racing Chassis under it... and big ass Baer Brakes. At the time I did those mods Art Morrison (He's local right there in Fife) wasn't making replacement chassis for it... or I'd have done one of his. But now you're in the 20 Grand range...

I've done a couple of those chassis under tri-fives and I can tell you it's an amazing transformation of a car. As in OMG WOW. Ditto the Newman chassis... and if you really like your car and want it to handle and ride better - then eventually you'll be looking at this kind of an upgrade.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:18 AM

Thanks Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Northwest Classic Chevy Club just had their annual Tri-Five Chevy only show at the XXX RootBeer in Issaquah. That show generally has 250 to 300+ tri-fives.

They have a website:

http://www.nwccc.net

They meet once a month at the XXX RootBeer there in Issaquah. If you've not been out there - it's chalk a block full of car "stuff"... including a 409 that will greet you at the entrance.

On to the handling part. At a MINIMUM - You're going to need to change your upper and lower control arms.... add a pan hard bar to the rear... and upgrade your brakes to disc all around - and upgrade to RideTech shocks.

If you want to see how well a station wagon can get around the course -- look up Newman Creations (Kyle and Paul) - contact them and ask if they've posted up any videos etc on YouTube. They're great people and know their stuff about getting your wagon to turn.

http://www.newmancarcreations.com/55-57-chevy/

My Nomad had a Jim Meyer Racing Chassis under it.
l
Went to the All Tri Five Show at Triple XXX burger and it was a great show, the owner of Redline Racing Oil was there with his twin turbo 540 CI 1589 horsepower 57 Belair. Had a dang good burger and some tasty rootbeer too.
l
This video of the Neman bunch is hilarious! Great car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNOIaFt5X1s
Old 08-24-2014, 10:20 AM

Hey Curtis,
This stuff deffinately looks addicting!
I need another hit!
Old 08-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Sweet ride! Love the 55's.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:22 AM

There are always at least a couple wagons tearing it up at the GoodGuys events. I'm wagon partial myself, my daily is a wagon and my project car is a wagon... and we have zero crumb snatchers! (well, at least zero of the human kind...)

Welcome!

Jeff-
Old 08-24-2014, 10:12 PM

Everybody needs to own a long roof car at some point! They're great!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcass View Post
Thanks Greg

l
Went to the All Tri Five Show at Triple XXX burger and it was a great show, the owner of Redline Racing Oil was there with his twin turbo 540 CI 1589 horsepower 57 Belair. Had a dang good burger and some tasty rootbeer too.
l
This video of the Neman bunch is hilarious! Great car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNOIaFt5X1s

Jose - the owner of XXX has been a good friend for a long time. We still get a good laugh out of a joke I pulled on him when I went to Spokane to pick up a '58 Impala for him. It was triple black I think... and when I rolled into the parking lot there -- he approached the truck with a big grin on his face. That's when I said -- "that's the nicest RED Impala I think I've ever seen".... or some such words. His face went blank and you could see the wheels turning as he tried to figure out what had happened and how I had a red car when he'd bought a black one. GOTCHA!

He's a true car guy.... and just an all around GREAT human.

The Tri-Five only show is billed as - and lives up to it's name - as the largest gathering of Tri-Fives in one place in the USA. One year we had over 300 cars - every one of them a Tri-Five Chevy. Pretty amazing when you think about it.