Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > EFI and Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Old 09-29-2015, 10:07 PM

Default LSA addition

Couple question for LSA guys. I have an L92 motor, I bought a ZL1 setup off Mike Redpath "MuscleRodz", got everything needed to complete swap and is all installed except wiring.

1: What electrical connections do I need to add to make the engine run? it has a few more plug in's compared to what I had initially.

2: Steam holes on front are no longer able to be used, do I just drill out back ones and cap fronts off and everything be normal?

3: If I get wired in/started before getting tuned, is it safe to start as long as I don't build any boost pressure?

4: Is single crank pin safe to run? My counter balance only has 1 keyway, and I would have to get it keyed again to run the 2nd.

Appreciate all the info guys!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:27 AM

I just built a L92 w/ LSA supercharger. What wiring are you using, the GMPP LSA one? My answers are using that assumption.

1. You'll need to add knock sensors and another intake sensor on the SC snout if I recall. Everything else should come w/ the harness or on the SC lid.

2. Why can't you use those? They're still accessible, I used them and many others do as well, you can even modify a stock ls3 vent to fit under the SC (just mount it first!).

3. Not sure of your combo, but I was told mine could be fired (l92, LSA, ID 850's, BTR PD stg II cam).

4. Yes.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:43 AM

I'm using a Sand & Street performance wiring harness. Do I have to change the whole harness out? Originally of course, it was not setup for an LSA

The vent lines I might be able to use, just seemed to fit real close even if I chose to modify the vent tube I have. I'll have to double check it.

Last edited by 2keaton11; 09-30-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Forgot information.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2keaton11 View Post
I'm using a Sand & Street performance wiring harness. Do I have to change the whole harness out? Originally of course, it was not setup for an LSA

The vent lines I might be able to use, just seemed to fit real close even if I chose to modify the vent tube I have. I'll have to double check it.
I'd suggest calling them to see what they know, but I'd assume it won't have all the same sensors, but I'd assume it could be made to work but am not an expert.

I ended up just getting a trickflow steam vent setup for $100 and it fit fine as it is more customizable then a factory hard line.