Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 04-03-2020, 03:28 PM

Default How in Covid-19 affecting

This is really zhitty times we live right now. Affects will be seem for long time....
No body know how it will end or even shape everyday living as we use to know...

Many places are curfew'd and businesess ordere to close. Not just in US but all around the globe.
Here in Europe are tough times...

Last edited by SuperB70; 04-03-2020 at 03:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperB70 For This Useful Post:
jarhead (04-04-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 04:50 PM

I hate to say it, but it's just a bit too hard to get fried chicken right now, and the local brewery has finally discontinued access to indoor and outdoor seating. The local mountain bike parks are still open, though, so there is a bright light that is not the spring sun.

Unhealthy people are outside walking, and most people are buying less fast food. The air throughout the country is like a million times cleaner, as the freeways are far less traveled. People are doing a better job of respecting personal space, and they are learning to use their stoves and ovens. Somebody might take a minute to read something, as personal time is free for many, and in abundance. This site and others like it might have more traffic all of a sudden.

Unhealthy car loans have come to a screeching halt, but Walmart's sales have somehow skyrocketed 30% in the past month. Some people still have a problem getting toilet paper. Tinder must be frustrating as hell for single people.

These are those "interesting times" you may have heard about.
The Following User Says Thank You to rustomatic For This Useful Post:
Flash68 (04-04-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 10:49 PM

Only in America would people fight over toilet paper during a pandemic of a respiratory virus. ... you forgot to add ,Cheap gas but cant go anywhere , cant fly anywhere , zero sports of any kind, zero concerts, zero theatrical shows ,zero plays , movie studios are holding back new releases
Old 04-04-2020, 12:44 AM

That toilet paper mania has gone all around with this.
I read that it comes from Australia, all their toilet paper is imported so any hazard and thei have to run to the store and get refill to their home stock.

Has happened in every european country as well, even in here. And we PRODUCE alot of worlds paper.. but still people was afraid that it will be run out. Factories are still running because there aint many people in groups, compute aided era.

Everyplace is closed here also. All kind of events are canselled. Fast food and restaurants can sell take outs only. Schools are closed but kids study online. Only major curfew is that our capital "county" is closed. In and out only workers. Police and army has locked it at the main roads. Its not sealed like Simpsons dome so you can go with small roads through forests but there is no major masses of people..

Our neighbouring country Sweden is doing something strange, their are keeping schools open and not restricting peoples movement so much. But their cases are rocketing to the sky..

There is sport league going in the world. Major football (soccer) league in Belarus started this week. Their president is some kind of man. He sad this pandemia is nothing than small flu. It can be win with vodka and doind hard work.. lets see is he right or not..

But there is almost 8 billion people living world wide, now around 1 million people has been infected. So this may go around for a while. Will be major economic crisis to many big and small.

Last edited by SuperB70; 04-04-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:10 AM

It's true that the toilet paper panic started in Australia, due to a false rumor that the country would run out if all supplies from China halted. Only took about a week until America jumped on the panic train.

regardless, Golf is still an essential activity, we've just got the boat setup for the summer and there's no restrictions there. apart from missing a freshly poured pint of beer I've been happily churning away on my car not realizing any real differences in my personal lifestyle.

BUT I work on a ship, currently posted in India, and I won't be allowed back to it until it's all over, and the guys onboard won't be allowed off until then..So I'd say I'm not complaining for a reason.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:15 PM

While I'm certainly concerned for those at risk and struggling financially, the timing is ideal for me. I'm coming up on 20 years in the same business and I've been thinking about making some changes there and also working on a new career I'm passionate about. Most importantly, I get to spend everyday with my 5 year old son and my wonderful wife while quarantined. I've been trail running and I'm up to 7 miles. It's good for the soul. I haven't been this relaxed in my life?

Help as many others as you can and look for the positive. When the shiat hits the fan, it will be a challenge, but the opportunities will be ripe for picking as well.
Roscoe03 (04-05-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
It's true that the toilet paper panic started in Australia, due to a false rumor that the country would run out if all supplies from China halted. Only took about a week until America jumped on the panic train.
We had none on the shelves here my town (in New Zealand) yet we have a factory less than 50 miles away, FFS. We produce enough food to feed 40 million people, and only have a population of around 5 million. Yet there's still been a run on the supermarkets for items like milk and flour.

I just returned to NZ having operated a freight flight to Shanghai (food exports, medical equipment imports), aside from them treating US like we had Ebola, things seem nearly back to normal. So there's definitely a light at the end of the tunnel that hopefully won't be too far away.

The sun will come up and go down again tomorrow so there's a lot to be grateful for in just that. I'd echo Vegas's comments regarding the abundance of opportunities that will emerge on the other side of this - keep your eyes and ears open.
335 square 68 El Camino
Old 04-05-2020, 08:02 AM

I'm an essential employee (FR) and deal with people all day. While I'm normally a 'we can get through anything' type of person, this one has me worried.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer Dec. 23rd. Our lives changed dramatically. 6.5 weeks of chemo & radiation started 2 weeks later to help shrink it in order to improve her quality of life. Sitting in the waiting room everyday with her, we were the youngest people in there by at least 15 years.

Surgery was supposed to be the first week of March. Tuesday is approaching and we get a call Monday night saying they have people that they believe are infected. They are on the same floor that surgery takes place and the ventilation system is not isolated.

Chemo & radiation weakens your immune system to a near nonexistent level. The surgeon told us in her case, it can be fatal. 3 more times the surgery has been postponed and Friday they said that chemo and radiation may have to be started back up until the Covid situation stabilizes. It was 'rough' to put it mildly the first time. I can't imagine what it will do this time. I pray that I don't bring it home.
Old 04-05-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
While I'm certainly concerned for those at risk and struggling financially, the timing is ideal for me. I'm coming up on 20 years in the same business and I've been thinking about making some changes there and also working on a new career I'm passionate about. Most importantly, I get to spend everyday with my 5 year old son and my wonderful wife while quarantined. I've been trail running and I'm up to 7 miles. It's good for the soul. I haven't been this relaxed in my life?

Help as many others as you can and look for the positive. When the shiat hits the fan, it will be a challenge, but the opportunities will be ripe for picking as well.
Exactly, dude! There will be a lot of positive that comes from this crap. Much of the world needs a bit of a workout, along with a reality check. It just sucks that reality is so difficult (or over) for some at the moment.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpd004 View Post
I'm an essential employee (FR) and deal with people all day. While I'm normally a 'we can get through anything' type of person, this one has me worried.

My wife was diagnosed with cancer Dec. 23rd. Our lives changed dramatically. 6.5 weeks of chemo & radiation started 2 weeks later to help shrink it in order to improve her quality of life. Sitting in the waiting room everyday with her, we were the youngest people in there by at least 15 years.

Surgery was supposed to be the first week of March. Tuesday is approaching and we get a call Monday night saying they have people that they believe are infected. They are on the same floor that surgery takes place and the ventilation system is not isolated.

Chemo & radiation weakens your immune system to a near nonexistent level. The surgeon told us in her case, it can be fatal. 3 more times the surgery has been postponed and Friday they said that chemo and radiation may have to be started back up until the Covid situation stabilizes. It was 'rough' to put it mildly the first time. I can't imagine what it will do this time. I pray that I don't bring it home.
cpd004 - when I read this post, my heart was heavy for you and what you and your family are dealing with. I’ve been exactly where you’re at right now (minus the COVID-19 part) and I just felt compelled to respond. I’ll be saying some prayers for you guys as you navigate these times...I pray for wisdom and open doors for your doctors as well as clarity and wisdom for you guys to take the information you have and make the best possible decisions going forward. Most of all, I pray that your wife is healed in accordance with God’s plan and that He will give you all the peace that surpasses all understanding. If there’s anything else I can do for you, it will be my pleasure.

Link to my 68 Camaro build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=56387

Link to my 67 Nova build thread:
https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57769
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gmachine1911 For This Useful Post:
130fe (04-11-2020), 572Camaro (04-10-2020), BMR Sales (04-06-2020), cpd004 (04-05-2020), fleetus macmullitz (04-06-2020), jarhead (09-08-2020), Ketzer (04-05-2020)