Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > LSX Conversions
User Name
Password

Old 04-26-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
I would use the Rick's restomod stamped tank that uses the 5th Gen Camaro fuel module.

I have a Tanks, Inc. tank in my Cougar, and it works fine, but you can't beat the modern fuel modules. I originally was using the Walbro 255 pump, but found it annoyingly loud. I then replaced it with a DW200 pump, which is virtually silent.

Andrew
I too switched out my Walbro for the DW 200 pump. I have to blame Andrew for this! I didn't like the sound of the Walbro. To me it was annoying and loud. Some people have no problem with this, but I insulated just about everything I could with rubber and it still bothered me to the point I started asking questions on what pump was quieter. Andrew directed me to the video (in the above post) and I immediately bought one. Luckily, when I went to put this pump in I also ordered the stainless steel door that you put in the trunk. By far, two of the best moves I've made yet. I'm telling ya' you can stick your head in the trunk and barely can hear this thing humming. The stainless door, I think everyone should do this that may have to pull the tank for one reason or the other.. Thanks again Andrew!
The Following User Says Thank You to minendrews68 For This Useful Post:
andrewb70 (04-26-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 11:40 AM

This is good to know with the DW 200; the price is surprisingly reasonable. When I had a Wally 250, it did make a bunch of noise, like screaming noise. I switched to an Aeromotive 340, which sucked (not in a good way) for different reasons. The Wally 450 (pretty much same price as the DW 200) turned out to be the best choice; it's also good for making lots more power than can be covered by a 255 lpi pump. I never figured out why the 450 was so much quieter . . .

On the baffling in the Tanks Inc. tanks, the one I have (universal pickup truck tank) has amazing baffling (perforated wall of separation) and a fuel bowl for the pump. It controls slosh excellently. With this in mind, different tanks have different features, but if you got a tank that didn't at least have a fuel bowl for the pump, you probably got a tank for carbureted usage, which is not what you want for EFI. They sell them for specific purposes (even the universal tanks).
Old 05-03-2020, 07:20 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Z/28 View Post
However, I have read in one of the forums that you cannot get rid of fuel slushing because the tank is not designed with proper baffling. In fact, Summit racing now put a note when ordering tanks in their website as well.
Was wondering if you can install a Holley HydraMats ?

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...mat/hydramats/