Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-19-2019, 02:02 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Default .....

Attached Images

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ns RS For This Useful Post:
Che70velle (06-20-2019), dhutton (06-19-2019), fleetus macmullitz (06-19-2019), glassman (06-20-2019), GregWeld (06-20-2019), jarhead (06-20-2019), rixtrix1 (06-19-2019), Sieg (06-19-2019), Sonar Chief (06-20-2019), waynieZ (06-20-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ns RS View Post
This is priceless!!!

(well that didn't work, but that image is awesome!)
Old 06-19-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post

What held it back??? Two last Sutton items - the pushy locker - and his too heavy of front bar. Ditching that as we speak.
Gregg, ecstatic to hear this car is starting to perform to it's potential.
Couldn't happen to a better guy.

About the locker, are you loosening up the locker or ditching it for a posi unit?

Has me second guessing about the locker going in my car. Maybe Lance can chime in on the performance, I know he put one in Barney. I am assuming it is still in his car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinker For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (06-20-2019)
Old 06-19-2019, 11:59 PM

Good friends and fast cars, doesn't get much better than that. What a weekend!
Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you!
"Jeremy Clarkson"
The Following User Says Thank You to TheJDMan For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Hey Ron Sutton — if you’re lurking — SUCK IT!!

NOBODY NEEDS YOU!

Talked to the driver about his pass on me at turn 11 at about the 7:40 mark. I was turned in on my line and had I not noticed him, and heard the down shifts, I would have turned right in on him..his fault. After watching the video, he stole the inside line from several people....not a good way to make friends and quickly become "that guy/that car".
While TT is racey, it is not a race. Dive bombing and stealing peoples track out area is a bad idea, as those of us in 4500lbs cars on 295 street tires don't have a lot of options.
Not mad, no one got hurt, but it cost me a lap. Speed safe guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to rrunner68 For This Useful Post:
GregWeld (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post

Has me second guessing about the locker going in my car. Maybe Lance can chime in on the performance, I know he put one in Barney. I am assuming it is still in his car.

The locker on my car was a great cure for the issues I was having at the time (lifting the onside rear tire). Now that I have cured that issue with other methods, the locker is now a bit of a nuisance. It still does a lot of good things but especially with the way I drive it while autocrossing (left foot trail braking) it stays bound up then when it finally releases it bangs real hard and can upset the car.

Much like Darrel did on PacMan last weekend, I just drive around it for now. My issue is not as bad as he dealt with but at some point I'd like to try something different once again.
The Following User Says Thank You to SSLance For This Useful Post:
Tinker (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrunner68 View Post
Talked to the driver about his pass on me at turn 11 at about the 7:40 mark. I was turned in on my line and had I not noticed him, and heard the down shifts, I would have turned right in on him..his fault. After watching the video, he stole the inside line from several people....not a good way to make friends and quickly become "that guy/that car".
While TT is racey, it is not a race. Dive bombing and stealing peoples track out area is a bad idea, as those of us in 4500lbs cars on 295 street tires don't have a lot of options.
Dan, right? This was a combo of HPDE4 and TT, passing anywhere on track. I’d be willing to bet if the winged BMW hadn’t yielded he would have been on that same line. IMO you left that wide open, especially for a lighter car with the ability to late brake. 4500lb cars on 295’s take different lines then the e30 in front of you, the BMW behind you and obviously a TT car. Looked clean to me.

A couple of those run groups looked like a complete cluster F, surprised there weren’t more incidents.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
What did Darrell say about the turn 11 pass?

With 100 cars on track and full open passing I don't know how you couldn't expect to see attempted passes there... and pretty much everywhere.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash68 For This Useful Post:
Sonar Chief (06-20-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 01:49 PM

Word Cotton ….

Let the house go .... NEVER give up your car!!!!
Old 06-20-2019, 03:45 PM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Dan,

I know what you’re saying but....

NASA can fix that by putting the proper groups on track..... they made it nearly impossible to be able to get any clean runs. We’re out there trying to get fast lap - while others are out parading.

In the TT classes — Which require comp licenses — you are supposed to be aware of faster cars on track at all times.

I agree — as the rules go - he was NOT past your door yet and you were turning in.... but as rules go - we all know “stuff” happens pretty quick out there and sometimes it’s hard to react. You did have a very wide line in to that turn which left the door open so to speak...

Last edited by GregWeld; 06-20-2019 at 04:01 PM.