User Name
Password

Old 03-31-2016, 10:39 PM

where do you live? if you are in dallas i would be glad to look at it for you
Old 04-07-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy View Post
where do you live? if you are in dallas i would be glad to look at it for you
Thank you for the offer Randy, but I sold the subframe with the ridetech setup. I gave up on making it work and considered buying rehoops for the front wheels, but somebody bought the subframe so i went ahead and bought a DSE subframe. The DSE is workable with my existing backspacing.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:12 PM

you will love it. I love mine
Old 09-15-2016, 08:38 PM

OK
23 pages later and I am glad I have not ordered my ridetech system yet. Quick question about the set up for my 69 Firebird Conv. First I am not interested in autocross just want good handling on the road and adjustability in ride height. I am going LS 480 or 535 and automatic, while I want to run a larger front tire, I really do not care to have bragging rites for stuffing in the largest I can. Will this system work for fairly easy for a guy with my goals. I do not want to create a nightmare when buying parts etc.
Thanks
Old 09-17-2016, 09:32 AM

I have 275's with a stock sub and 6" BS wheels and I have a fingers width between the tire and the fender on both sides at full lock. I also went through a lot of measuring to get my sub squared up in my 69 Firebird. Start at post #75.
http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...ar-build/page4
Old 09-20-2016, 09:24 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Just something to check into, but in the case of my '69 Firebird, the original steering linkage is different than the camaro. The original Pontiac centerlink contains the joints, not the idler or pitman arms. If this is the same on yours, you will need to also buy a camaro centerlink, pitman arm, and idler arm in addition to the tru-turn.
Old 09-21-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
Just something to check into, but in the case of my '69 Firebird, the original steering linkage is different than the camaro. The original Pontiac centerlink contains the joints, not the idler or pitman arms. If this is the same on yours, you will need to also buy a camaro centerlink, pitman arm, and idler arm in addition to the tru-turn.
If I remember right, there is no way the Firebird centerlink will work with the TruTurn center. I figured that out and went with the '69 Camaro link.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:38 PM

yup, you figure that out in a hurry. I am not knocking the tru turn because its a simple conversion and it works very well. I was just informing a potential buyer that there will be a little extra cost. This should be no surprise to us Pontiac fans. lol A small price to pay for being a little different!
Old 09-22-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
yup, you figure that out in a hurry. I am not knocking the tru turn because its a simple conversion and it works very well. I was just informing a potential buyer that there will be a little extra cost. This should be no surprise to us Pontiac fans. lol A small price to pay for being a little different!
Did you ever get the tru-turn on with wheels and tires? I would agree the parts were nice and everything bolted up fine, but if you never really had it in with wheels and tires and drove the car, how do you know it works "very well?"

No offense intended by the way. Just curious about the full extent of your tru-turn experience.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:04 PM

My saying it works very well was pertaining to the fact I had the kit installed on my car and everything was as advertised. The bump steer was within .03" and the outer tie rod cleared my rim(18" w/ 4.75" bs). I did not end up using it in the end because the centerlink bracket hit my oil pan and there was interference with one of the header primary tubes and the tie rod. These are all attributed to the Pontiac engine that is offset from chassis centerline by one inch. I didn't want to sound like I am bashing this product as in some previous posts. I also had a wildwood hub on the front and the added .38 hub offset caused my wheel to hit the back of the inner wheel well. This was the point I went to plan "z". lol

When I first read this thread I thought about chiming in and didn't. I wanted to state to other members that we should all be grateful for the countless aftermarket companies trying to fill our needs. Most of us here are trying to fit the biggest baddest parts into places never originally intended. It truly is amazing that one can buy a part that generally will fit within fractions of an inch into a car that is 40+ years old. I have owned my car for 27+ years now, and when I first owned it, you couldn't buy hardly anything.

Anyways, in a nutshell, with a Pontiac motor- no go. I hopes this helps someone.