Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 06-27-2008, 05:26 AM

Its 5:23 AM here and I am getting ready to go and pick up the car. Weather forcast is :
"Mostly cloudy with periods of showers and scattered thunderstorms; some storms may produce hail or high winds."
Man I hope I can stay out of that sh!t.
Its times like this I with I had an enclosed trailer.
Steve
Old 06-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Default Made it home

I made it home with no problems. I have to say I can't be more impressed with the job Kurt and Paul did on the car. Great guys to work with and a super high quality job. One of my Buddies was picking on me and called me a "Check Writer" because I hired the 4 link and mini tub install done. I can tell you guys paying Kurt and Paul was some of the best money I have spent so far on the car.
Steve

Last edited by Steve Firebird; 06-27-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:10 AM

Default What size ?

Steve,

Did yoou end up 335's or stay with the 315's it looks like a 335 in a
mock up pic. Maybe a Nitto drag 555R ? And didyou roll fender lip?

Peter
Old 07-03-2008, 07:10 PM

Peter, The tires are 315 nitto 555NT they are not the drag tire. Kurt did trim the lips but I think mostly because they were the reproduction quarters and they were quite a bit bigger then the factory ones. The tires look huge to me all most cartoonish. They look bigger in person then in the pictures. I don't think I will have the urge to go any bigger.

I am in the process or putting the interior back in and I had to cut and trim trim the rear interior panels because of the mini tubs but I think I have the best of it now. I cant put the carpet in yet because the shop (Ring Brothers)thats installing my exhaust s said the may want to weld brackets on the underside of the car to make the install look clean. I am trying to get every thing else I can done so once the exhaust is in I can start driving it right away.
Steve
Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 PM

Default Tire size

Thanks I think I'm going 315's as well. They look huge anyway right
& my tire #'s are the last thing I expect anyone to nit pic.

Peter
Old 07-14-2008, 09:36 PM

Default exhaust is going on and I got to see Razor!

Here is a quick up date. I took the Firebird to Ring Brothers today to get the exhaust built. Hopefully they can get the exhaust built and back from the place that is doing the ceramic coating by the first of next week. Mike took a lot of time working with me to make sure we where both on the same page with what they were going to do for the exhaust.
I did get to visit with to Mike and Jim a little and got to take a peek at Razor. I had my 13 year old son Clayton along and both Mike and Jim took time to introduce them selves and shake his hand. I have known them for a long time and they are just the same nice guys they were way back when I first met them. My son was pretty excited after he saw Razor (as was I) what an unbelievable car.
The shop recovering my rear set said I should be able to pick it up Friday.
I am starting to get excided again about the car. For a while there it seemed like it would never get done and was just pure force of will that keep me plugging away at it. Working with Kurt Anderson from AutoKraft and now Mike & Jim sure seem to make life easier.
I will get some pictures of the exhaust and interior when I get it back home and post them. Steve
Steve
Old 08-10-2008, 08:39 AM

Default Exhaust is on! Pictures

I got the car back from the Ring Brothers with the new exhaust installed. It has RARE ram are exhaust manifolds and an ovalized tubing X-pipe , Flowmaster mufflers and they custom built the tailpipes to work with the 4-link. Then it was sent out for ceramic coating and reinstalled. I decided that the fuel lines need to be redone so I have steel tubing and a tubing bender ordered so wish me luck with that project. I need to get this car done since i am registered for the TA nationals in Dayton on the 22nd and the ProTouring event in Sept. here are a few pictures of the system. Steve
Attached Images

Steve
Old 08-10-2008, 05:04 PM

Wow, that's how I want my exhaust to look.
Did you go with 3 chamber Delta Flow Mufflers?
Were there any problems with routing the tubiing around the G-Bar brackets?
Marco
Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 PM

They were worried about getting around the brackets and room between the trunk floor and diff since the car is lowered but after they started on it it was not a problem. The exhaust is 2.5 not 3.0 so I had a little extra room. To tell you the truth I was not sure what to do for mufflers and told them I wanted a nice rumble and to just pick what they thought would be best. I think they said they went with a 40 series muffler. It has a nice sound maybe a little loud for some but hey its a muscle car.
Steve
Old 08-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Car looks great!