Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Race Cars and Modern Pro-Street
User Name
Password

Old 08-07-2017, 10:30 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Wait --- pictures are deceiving! And can be photo chopped.... and people can spin in turn 7 and with a full spin -- and a NASCAR winners circle 1st gear full on smoke show.... that was all the further I was behind.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
Wait --- pictures are deceiving! And can be photo chopped.... and people can spin in turn 7 and with a full spin -- and a NASCAR winners circle 1st gear full on smoke show.... that was all the further I was behind.

Or was that the time I destroyed both front tars on corner entry. Actually - I never entered the corner... I approached the corner at mach IV.... picked two gears and got hard in 'em - and there was nuttin but smokey tars being turned into landfill liners.

Seems when I complained about rear end early lockup / wheel hop -- due to changing out the Wilwood recalled 7/8ths master for a new 1" master - which required a more aggressive brake pad switch as well.... the bias got biased a little too much and I went from wheel hopping OH CRAP to NEAR ZERO REAR BRAKES when I needed 18 wheel braking.... oh yeah that went south real fast. A simple set of new tars in the front and a re-biasing of the biased bias.... and it was all mo betta. I've seen death... it don't scare me now!

Last edited by GregWeld; 08-08-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:06 PM

Haha! What a great weekend! It went from Greg helping and giving pointers on Saturday to "F that orange pos, he aint gettin around me!" come Sunday. A lot of fun between two friends.

Thanks for putting me in the passenger seat on Sunday, that car...when it has fuel, gets around the track pretty dang good!

It's too bad Dave never got on track.....
Old 08-07-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post
Haha! What a great weekend! It went from Greg helping and giving pointers on Saturday to "F that orange pos, he aint gettin around me!" come Sunday. A lot of fun between two friends.

Thanks for putting me in the passenger seat on Sunday, that car...when it has fuel, gets around the track pretty dang good!

I haven't had that much fun in a very long time -- we all had fun at my little May shindig at Thunderhill -- but this was different! This was all out war! OMG I drove so hard to keep him behind me -- and he drove so hard trying to "get me". What a hoot!

Personally --- I'm thrilled I had to work that hard!! AO went from a mediocre handler to a pretty dang good car.... it took a lot of work on Rob's part - and expense -- but it paid off in spades. Too bad it's not that easy to buy talent....

LOL

OMG we had fun! That's what this is all about.... without the fun part - none of us would do any of it.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBasher View Post

Hey Dan don't bitch you didn't have to push.

Thanks for helping salvage what was left of my back. I'm sorry I cut our last session short with my bonehead fuel calculations.

I'm stoked the ride was a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I haven't had that much fun in a very long time -- we all had fun at my little May shindig at Thunderhill -- but this was different! This was all out war! OMG I drove so hard to keep him behind me -- and he drove so hard trying to "get me". What a hoot!

Personally --- I'm thrilled I had to work that hard!! AO went from a mediocre handler to a pretty dang good car.... it took a lot of work on Rob's part - and expense -- but it paid off in spades. Too bad it's not that easy to buy talent....

LOL

OMG we had fun! That's what this is all about.... without the fun part - none of us would do any of it.
Dude. Those TARS were toast. I can't count how many times I was reading your door plates. You were driving the S out of that car on those tars. Thanks for helping out with the tuning. I can't imagine having more fun on that track than our last session. I should have had Dan along for that drive.

I'm glad to see Dave picked himself up what looks to be a nice track rat. I am sure after he gets used to it he will add to the mix. His less weight, more tire, more hp more brake combo will make him hard to beat. It's pretty fun though having to work hard to keep up or pass; I kinda like it.

I will post some details on the list of mods tomorrow for anyone looking to build some low budget fun.

Next week can't come soon enough.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Last edited by FETorino; 08-08-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post

Sunday started like this.

[IMG][/IMG]

And ended like this

[/IMG]

Thanks to Ron Sutton for specing the Parts and Ron and Randy for dialing in my setup trackside.
LOL... Dang I wish I had been there last weekend!!!
Old 08-08-2017, 10:11 AM

Well it's pretty apparent why the Mustang is getting sliced up.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:07 AM

Glad you all had FUN! I'll try to make it out again next year

Old 08-08-2017, 04:05 PM

It was a fun weekend.

I would have liked to seen Rob & Greg run together at the end of the day, but Greg's tires were flat spotted.

I think Randy told me you both ran 1:55's, which was about a 4 second gain for the orange crate if memory serves me correctly.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
I'm glad to see Dave picked himself up what looks to be a nice track rat. I am sure after he gets used to it he will add to the mix. His less weight, more tire, more hp more brake combo will make him hard to beat. It's pretty fun though having to work hard to keep up or pass; I kinda like it.
I took a lot of pictures, apparently none of Dave's....I feel horrible. It is a wicked hot rod that seems to have all the right stuff, it's even the same color as his favorite flag.

Have fun at T-Hill, looking forward to see how this weeks changes work on the car.