Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-27-2008, 09:37 AM

Looks damn good i been wanting to do the same body style trans am just can't find one thats not a rust bucket.
Old 01-27-2008, 04:38 PM

Its nice to see more Pontiac powered cars coming into the playing feild. Keep up the good work and I look forward to see the car completed.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:41 PM

I would like to point out that there have been some bumps along the way. Some of the aftermarket items, have requires 'massaging' in order to fit/ function properly. I also have the feeling that someone took a handful of misc hardware from my stash at the platers and simply threw it out as i am missing random pieces. I will contact them this week to see what happened. I did take a picture of what was sent so that will help me identify any know missing items. I know of a couple at the moment that are more than just ordinary hardware.

anyhow, as promised, here are some pics. its really starting to look like something. I noticed that the one header hangs lower than the other, I guess i'll have to even them out in the pipes as having ron (maker of the headers) fix then is non existent as he owes people headers for 3+ years ago.

engine outside

ready to be installed. yes, I attempted to do it in one shot. to my surprise, it went quite smoothly. we had a small blemish occur, but it can be touched up and it is in a hard place to see which is good. wonder if my little viper head will show once installed.

success :-D :-D

Old 01-27-2008, 10:42 PM

one more

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6
Looks damn good i been wanting to do the same body style trans am just can't find one thats not a rust bucket.
I have one that has some rust, but defiantly not a rust bucket. I also have a 79 t top shell that is solid
Old 01-30-2008, 02:06 AM

Im broke right now but thanks for the offer btw its looking a lot better with every picture.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:08 PM

5/08
Been quite busy working on some designs for the car as well as sucking it up and ordering a bunch of AN fittings and hoses for the power steering, fuel and oil systems. What a PITA choosing what ends and fitting you need. And then once you start, you realize you need more. I went with all endura or nickel finish as the color is very similar amongst all the manufactures and it doesn’t show scratches as much as the red and blue fittings. I picked up some C4 corvette wheels for rollers so I don’t ruin the good wheels. C4 wheels don’t fit a second gen w/o some serious spacers. I rigged up a set of old axles I had laying around to use with these wheels. The car will never be driven on these so as long as they don’t fall off or rub on the car, that is all that matters. I had been contemplating applying the Lizard Skin sound deadener over the LS heat coating. Instead of letting it sit, I opted to spray it on. We’ll see how well it works later. Now for the BIG news…..New Forgeline WC3 wheels that actually fit. YEA. J . there was an issue with the first set I ordered which were sent back ( GM has 2 hub diameters, 70.3mm and 70.5mm. late second gen t/a’s as far as I am aware have the larger hubs) and I order these though local BMW race shop and worked w/ forgeline to make sure everything is up to snuff. The wheels are 18 x 9 up front w/ 5.4” BS and 18x9.5 rear w/ 5.5” BS. The tires are toyo T1R 255/40 front and 285/35 rear to have all the tires at 26” tall. 295 in the rear would work, but be tight and could probably do 275 up front. I have to work something out for the front center caps. I may be able t o remove enough material from the spindle and crush the grease cap to allow the forgeline caps to fit. I'll get to that after I finish the plumbing and send the car off to the painter as I can use a old stock unit for measure. Here are some pictures of the car so far:

Cheap labor (sushi dinner) installing sound deadener

Newly painted cowl to match interior

Use some rustoleum semi gloss on the A/C boxes to give them a better look. The plain fiberglass didn’t blend well with the rest of the engine bay. You can still see the fibers through the paint which I feel adds a nice touch. If you use a ‘high solids’ paint, it will not be translucent and you wont see the fibers.

AND NOW……WHEELS…
These look awesome
Nice dish/ lip to them as well compared to the first set.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:09 PM

rear

front
Old 05-07-2008, 11:02 PM

Great looking car! I think it would only be right to paint the center of the wheels to match the car.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:20 AM

Love this build, that blue engine looks sick against the paint on the firewall.
Old 05-09-2008, 01:24 PM

Looks great. Hope to see you and the car soon.

Brad