...

Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Twoblackmarks...'s Avatar
Twoblackmarks... Twoblackmarks... is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Do you regularly drive you car?

I took my car for a ride this day, even though I have a car I can drive somewhat "fast" in, I really dont drive fast on the street.

I just do some 2nd-3rd full throttle Acceleration or 1-2-3 action at most. And then I am happy and slow down, and sometime mashing the throttle in 2nd to do a mild rolling "burnout" I really love to do that. He..He..

But I just do it when I am alone on the road, and drives mostly "Nice"

I save the "maniac" driving for the track where it is possible, who I plan do as much I can Next year

What or how do YOU use Your car, especially those of you With killer cars?

Do you just cruise, does Your car actually see a track sometimes? (So you can actually use some of this modifications you have done and paid all to much for ) Or does it mostly sit in Your garage?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-20-2013, 04:04 PM
TMIProducts's Avatar
TMIProducts TMIProducts is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well mine does sit in the garage more than I'd like. But I try to drive it 2-3 times a month, if not more. Every time I drive it I think "this car is so much fun, why don't I drive it more?" Mind you my daily driver is a 2004 Honda Civic turd. So to go from a 4 cylinder auto that barely gets out of its way to a 454 with a 6 speed, I have an absolute blast. If it got the same MPG as the Civic, I'd drive it daily!
__________________
www.tmiproducts.com

Our 66 Chevelle Build Thread:
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285211
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Shark Racer Shark Racer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

In the last 6 months or so my 78 has gotten more road time than my Z06. I'm selling the Z to get something a little less ridiculous to drive on the street.

Meanwhile, I'm scheming up ways to make the 78 more ridiculous.

The 78 gets out once every 2 weeks or so. My commute isn't long enough to get the vapor system going, so I have to save it for the weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Twoblackmarks...'s Avatar
Twoblackmarks... Twoblackmarks... is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well mine does sit in the garage more than I'd like. But I try to drive it 2-3 times a month, if not more. Every time I drive it I think "this car is so much fun, why don't I drive it more?" Mind you my daily driver is a 2004 Honda Civic turd. So to go from a 4 cylinder auto that barely gets out of its way to a 454 with a 6 speed, I have an absolute blast. If it got the same MPG as the Civic, I'd drive it daily!
Those two cars are a contrast to eachother But try to drive it more! I also have a big motor, but I want to make it very user friendly, so I can take it wherever, whenever, or use it as a daily driver for that matter Depends somewhat on fuel consumption though, I also have a big motor.. 461cid

On a sidenote, I see you sell VW interior, my daily driver is an Golf 2 16V, can you get seat covers for Edition Recaro seats? Can get Picture if you want.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Twoblackmarks...'s Avatar
Twoblackmarks... Twoblackmarks... is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Racer View Post
In the last 6 months or so my 78 has gotten more road time than my Z06. I'm selling the Z to get something a little less ridiculous to drive on the street.

Meanwhile, I'm scheming up ways to make the 78 more ridiculous.

The 78 gets out once every 2 weeks or so. My commute isn't long enough to get the vapor system going, so I have to save it for the weekend.
Nice that it gets driven, thats what its for! Just not make it too ridiculous, so it gets un-street friendly.. He..He.. I Guess it is maybe the motor who is one of the most important factors there maybe

Maybe you should get an engine heater
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 PM
TMIProducts's Avatar
TMIProducts TMIProducts is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblackmarks... View Post
Those two cars are a contrast to eachother But try to drive it more! I also have a big motor, but I want to make it very user friendly, so I can take it wherever, whenever, or use it as a daily driver for that matter Depends somewhat on fuel consumption though, I also have a big motor.. 461cid

On a sidenote, I see you sell VW interior, my daily driver is an Golf 2 16V, can you get seat covers for Edition Recaro seats? Can get Picture if you want.
I would drive it more, my wallet doesn't allow it! Plus the other thing is that when I drive the Chevelle, I don't want to drive it to work sitting in traffic. I want to cruise it and go to a burger joint or something like that.

Right now we have Golf interiors from 74-85, so I wouldn't have what you're looking for unfortunately.
__________________
www.tmiproducts.com

Our 66 Chevelle Build Thread:
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285211
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Steve Chryssos's Avatar
Steve Chryssos Steve Chryssos is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,892
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I drive mine constantly and in every way imaginable. If it isn't down for upgrades, it's being driven. Installed Holley HP EFI last year which made a profound difference. And I had a really nice custom built carburetor, but here in FL, your engine runs on water, not air because of the humidity. EFI is good.
__________________
________________
Steve Chryssos


Ridetech.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Shmoov69's Avatar
Shmoov69 Shmoov69 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 754
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Drive it like I stole it! Then it breaks and sits for who knows how long! 9 1/2 months this last time! Just got it back on the ground last night and need to get it aligned.
__________________
Jimmy
69 Camaro - Twin Turbo'd
58 Nomad -348 Baby Rat
www.fquick.com/shmoov69
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Rod P's Avatar
Rod P Rod P is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Thompsons Station, TN
Posts: 977
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Everyday!

__________________
Rod Prouty
My websiteAuto-cross 101
I'm not a Real Racer but I did spend a night in the Pozzi's motor-home
Bangshift Stories
Iím not the smartest guy at the track Ö but when he goes home Ö Iím still there testing, tuning, learning & getting faster.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 PM
glassman's Avatar
glassman glassman is offline
Lateral-g Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Livermore
Posts: 2,441
Thanks: 104
Thanked 72 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod P View Post
Everyday!

This car ^^^ ladies and gentlemen is what we call "well sorted out"....

Working on gettin mine sorted out, will find out friday on the Good-Guys road tour to Texas.....
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Lateral-g.net