Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 12-17-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Anyone ever sell their own house?

I'm thinking of selling my house and wondered if anyone could provide any idea of what is involved in selling it yourself. I ask because I may have a buyer lined up and I can't see paying exorbitant realtor fees for no reason. Thanks!
C-12 Huron (operated but not owned)
Fquick page
Old 12-17-2007, 01:46 PM

theres a company out here is california called U SELL. dunno if they do it where you are but you can check on line.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by va72mlibu
I'm thinking of selling my house and wondered if anyone could provide any idea of what is involved in selling it yourself. I ask because I may have a buyer lined up and I can't see paying exorbitant realtor fees for no reason. Thanks!
I've done about a dozen private deals. If you have a buyer lined up and both parties agree on price, which appliances stay etc... 99% of the work is done. Title companies are a dime a dozen, find a good one and they will walk you through it. The title company I use even prepares the P&S for me. You will have to do some dub things like take a reading of the oil tank, (if you use oil) call in a water reading (if you have public water) etc... Buyer may request a home inspection, radon test, septic system inspection (if you don't have public sewer) etc.. best deals are cash and subject to nothing except title search! You can close those in a matter of days.

Title company will prepare the settlement statement for you. I always schedule closings to happen early afternoon. This gives you time to get a copy of the settlement statement early in the morning (you need to let them know that so they can get it ready for you) and you have plenty of time to check all figures before the actual closing.

Hope that helps a little, typing isn't my cup of tea. You can call me if you like and I can answer some questions for you. I am sure I've forgotten a few things.
Bryan 603-396-7510 cell
Old 12-17-2007, 09:47 PM

First and foremost, can they get a loan? Send them to a good Mortgage Lender at a Bank. Remember, nobody dances if the BUYER doesn't bring the party favors, THE CHECK!

Are you willing to pay the closing costs? Usually three to five percent of the loan amount. The buyer will get a "Good Faith Estimate" from the above bank or Mortage company. If he (the buyer ) has only 5% to put down on the loan and can't pay closing costs (Lawyer fees, title search, title insurance, state intangible tax and on and on.) You have no sale. You are saving 7% on Realtors fees, so I'd suggest raising the price of the house by 5% and cover the closing costs for the Buyer. It will make both of your lives easier and you won't lose money in the transaction.

In this market, you have the first and hardest part whipped, you have a willing buyer.

IM me if you have any questions, I can help if you need it. Just another fine service from your friendly Lateral-G crew.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I have bought two houses and sold one without an agent. I think the prior posts are good things to look for. In all my cases I/we used an Escrow Service. The escrow office should be aware of all County/State laws. It really seemed to me that they guided me on the details and what needed to be done to make it legal for both parties. All ended with good results for both sides. Might be other or better ways but I don't know what they are. If I remember correctly, I think we (buyer/seller) split closing cost. I agree with Jim's post about the market status. Here in Southern California it seems like a surplus of homes for sale without enough buyers. It's great you got a buyer and good luck on the sale