Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Off Topic Forums
User Name
Password

Old 05-14-2009, 06:32 AM

Default An Open Letter to SEMA's ARMO members

Dear Fellow ARMO Member,

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself as I am a candidate for the ARMO Select Committee. I am Lenny Schaeffer, owner and chief bottle washer at Chop-Shop Customs in Woburn MA. I have been involved in the industry since the early 1980’s , beginning at a local hot rod shop where I was able to hone my craft and leading up to opening my own 6300 square foot facility in 2004.

I would like to offer my years of experience in the industry, as well as my strict devotion to the hobby (I have owned my 1956 Chevy Belair since 1981 and am also a 2nd generation hot rodder.) to the ARMO Select Committee.
In owning my own business (now with seven full time employees) as well as being automotive dealership management. I have demonstrated the leadership abilities necessary to make the tough decisions to benefit ARMO and the industry as a whole. I also understand the impact the government, both positive and negative, has on the restoration industry. As one of the earliest members of the SEMA Action Network, joining in 1997, I have made countless calls, emails and visits with lawmakers regarding legislation impacting our industry and customers.

If elected, you have my promise that I will work to ensure that ARMO continues to stay true to its mission; preserving and promoting the automotive restoration industry through projects, education programs, and monitoring legislative issues that may affect our members.

For the reasons listed above, I respectfully ask you to vote for me for the ARMO Select Committee.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Lenny Schaeffer
Chop-Shop Customs | Woburn MA
781-939-5660 | [email protected]

Chop-Shop Customs Inc.
Woburn MA
classic car restoration,metal fabrication, custom paint
email me
SEMA ARMO Select Committee Member