User Name
Password

Old 10-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2paz View Post
how is the smoke?
NO SMOKE --- but wow was today windy!!! As in OMG windy!! And chilly morning!

I feel so sorry for the poor people trying to fight these fires -- and the homeowners/business owners..... they just can't seem to get a break from these winds!!

Come by the shop (#21) and hang out --- we have air == lift == lighits == cold water and lots of ragging on each other. LOL
Old 10-16-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustomatic View Post
Come early in the afternoon. You might be able to catch me picking up the parts of my car that fall off on the track . . .

I'll be "shaking down" my entire car in the "slow" group (on Saturday).
The WT cult car is pretty bitchen. I wish I had got a chance to watch you running on track.

It sounded like overall it was a successful Sat shakedown for you.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 10-16-2017, 08:12 PM

Yeah! Glad you came out Paul!!

Sorry for your debacle Nate! WTF......

Sadly Rob wrenched on BigWing all weekend and didn't have near as much seat time as he should have had.... He does now have a PhD in fluid dynamics though!! Even his damn CoolShirt hoses leaked! LOL OMG... that was the last straw! A quick O ring fixed it right up - but not before he'd wet - er I mean - his suit was soaked.

He (Rob) did lay down some smokin' hot laps in Old Yellar! So he had that goin' for him. Last lap of the season for the old girl and he rips off a 2:07.55 (running the Crow's Nest!) --- she's off to McGee's (a shop at Sonoma Raceway) to pull the engine - get it over to Borello for freshening.... Jerico freshening etc... get it ready to sell. The new car should be done soon enough....
Old 10-17-2017, 02:02 PM

Awesome Greg!!

What happened to Nates fastback?

My pos is almost done, I HATED missing the gg tour. But plan on "chipping" the paint at T-hill come april/may. Is Laguna a thing this year after turkey day for Nor-cal shelby?
Old 10-17-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassman View Post
Awesome Greg!!

What happened to Nates fastback?

My pos is almost done, I HATED missing the gg tour. But plan on "chipping" the paint at T-hill come april/may. Is Laguna a thing this year after turkey day for Nor-cal shelby?

Nate can post his story...... if he so chooses.

NorCal Shelby club has a website --- look it up. I don't keep track of what they're doing except the events I sign up for. I can't (don't want to) make sound at Laguna.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I can't (don't want to) make sound at Laguna.
Thankfully other groups are willing to pay for (or are granted) 100+ db days there.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 10-17-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Thankfully other groups are willing to pay for (or are granted) 100+ db days there.
Yes.... you are so right!

Track fees for Laguna Seca are no secret -- you want a 92db day -- the fee is $8,000 M-F -- Weekend is $10,000

Want a 105db day? $20,000 (per day)
Old 10-17-2017, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Yes.... you are so right!

Track fees for Laguna Seca are no secret -- you want a 92db day -- the fee is $8,000 M-F -- Weekend is $10,000

Want a 105db day? $20,000 (per day)
He -- Glassman -- was specifically asking about NorCal Shelby track day..... and I'm not running LS with them because of the sound requirement.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah! Glad you came out Paul!!

Sorry for your debacle Nate! WTF......

Sadly Rob wrenched on BigWing all weekend and didn't have near as much seat time as he should have had.... He does now have a PhD in fluid dynamics though!! Even his damn CoolShirt hoses leaked! LOL OMG... that was the last straw! A quick O ring fixed it right up - but not before he'd wet - er I mean - his suit was soaked.

He (Rob) did lay down some smokin' hot laps in Old Yellar! So he had that goin' for him. Last lap of the season for the old girl and he rips off a 2:07.55 (running the Crow's Nest!) --- she's off to McGee's (a shop at Sonoma Raceway) to pull the engine - get it over to Borello for freshening.... Jerico freshening etc... get it ready to sell. The new car should be done soon enough....
I don't know about smokin' hot laps, I was a couple seconds off your times on Sat.

The old girl is magic. A testament to Ron Suttons grasp of every part of a track car. He took a nice early Mustang and made it into a near perfect track toy.

The car is totally neutral. The motor REVS, it makes the most amazing sounds and even better power. The steering feels great and the brakes require a good amount of pressure but the reward you with all the woah down little pony you could ask for; easy to modulate and hard to overpower the tires. And the tires, the little 245 Hoosiers, they just stick. Sure when you unleash the little Windsor up front the car will dance and skate around but it always seems to be clawing at the pavement and it's easy to get her pointed back straight if she steps out.

I can't thank Greg enough for trusting me to pilot Old Yellar on T-Hill. A great track, a fast track and a magic car to tour that track with. I can't do the car justice with my description of how good it really is. I wish I had a few more laps to try and do her justice with some better lap times but the laps I ran in her were the most fun I have ever had on track. It was like being Ken Miles in the mid 60s for a few minuets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post

piloting a vintage feeling Ford around a racetrack is sweet but piloting it around Laguna Seca would probably be even better.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 10-18-2017, 12:07 AM

You've nailed that car here, Rob. I've seen it running on all of the NorCal tracks, and heard responses from many (including Ron Schwarz and Dave G.), and everyone raves about it (in a positive way). It always seems perfectly composed, with everything you need on tap, even without 315s . . . Whoever winds up with that tub of mustard next will be very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETorino View Post
I don't know about smokin' hot laps, I was a couple seconds off your times on Sat.

The old girl is magic. A testament to Ron Suttons grasp of every part of a track car. He took a nice early Mustang and made it into a near perfect track toy.

The car is totally neutral. The motor REVS, it makes the most amazing sounds and even better power. The steering feels great and the brakes require a good amount of pressure but the reward you with all the woah down little pony you could ask for; easy to modulate and hard to overpower the tires. And the tires, the little 245 Hoosiers, they just stick. Sure when you unleash the little Windsor up front the car will dance and skate around but it always seems to be clawing at the pavement and it's easy to get her pointed back straight if she steps out.

I can't thank Greg enough for trusting me to pilot Old Yellar on T-Hill. A great track, a fast track and a magic car to tour that track with. I can't do the car justice with my description of how good it really is. I wish I had a few more laps to try and do her justice with some better lap times but the laps I ran in her were the most fun I have ever had on track. It was like being Ken Miles in the mid 60s for a few minuets.

piloting a vintage feeling Ford around a racetrack is sweet but piloting it around Laguna Seca would probably be even better.