Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

You nailed the stance...nice work. Great to see all the time, effort and $$$$ paying off!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:15 PM

When did you decide to do a manual? I thought you were going to do an automatic with paddle shifter?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:27 PM

Yeah that plan changed

I had planned the auto when the Procharger/turbo was on the table...figured it was just a smarter choice....but always really wanted it to be manual. Once the big FI plans were set aside, I went back to what I really wanted to do from the beigining.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:24 PM

Amazing build! I've been following for a while now and I'm really blown away by everything you have done. What's your plan for the engine? I tried looking back through the thread, but still couldn't find any information.... have you figured that out?

I was using photos of your car to try and figure out how low I wanted to get my car. Ended up just going as low as I could with all the stock components. I think it's close to yours at ride height... but nothing compares to your car slammed!

keep it up!
-Dave
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 AM

Ned..... It just keeps getting better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it !!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:37 AM

Plans for the engine are using the Gen III 6.1 HEMI and making it into either a 426 ( to go with the HEMI theme) or all the way to a 440. Hoping for around the 600 HP range. Intake will be a Precision Metalcraft intake ( hate the stock one), FAST electronics, TTI headers (maybe shorties instead, not sure yet). As of right now, I'm stuck with all the stock accessories for the most part....there arent any aftermarket bracket set ups (i.e Front runner system etc) ...at least not ones I like. Charlies oil pan, etc etc.

Not 100% sure on who will be the motor builder....Arrington or Power Ported Performance.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:51 PM

Stance looks good Ned.

Arrington has a real good rep on LxForums, not so much for PPP anymore
Old 11-09-2010, 12:31 PM

Time for some updates....nothing staggering but still moving along.....

Got all my RideTech stuff mounted etc, so figured I would mount up the power suppy and get that layout finalized. Mounted the Optima in the trunk and started to mount all my ISIS stuff. My one comment about the ISIS set-up so far... there is a fair amount of "stuff" to find a space for and mount up....

Then it was on to mocking up the Hydroboost and clutch pedals etc. Since my car was an auto, I had to swap out the pedals, drill new holes for the clutch master linkage and cut a new hole in the firewall since we smoothed it all out and eliminated all the original factory holes. Tha was alot of measuring 10 times before cutting or drilling I aslo made the support bracket on the inside firewall bigger to stop any flex when I mash the clutch down.

The Hydroboost mounted up pretty well. I had to send it back once to get the firewall bracket swapped out since my car had power brakes originally but I accidently got the hydroboost bracket for manual brakes....had no idea the firewall mount would be different. I also mounted up a Ring Bros clutch master resevoir
Old 11-09-2010, 12:34 PM

Finnished up with my transmission crossmember. I messed with a couple of ideas but finally decided to just start off with the stock one and modify that. I hollowed out the center section and then made a new piece that slides inside the original "housing". It worked out pretty well. I got the tail of the tran up at a decent angle and left the crossmember tacked togther in case I want to mess with it some more.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:41 PM

Then it was time for the headers. I went back and forth on just doing shorties, but decided to just try the LT and see what happens. Since we raised the motor 1.5 inches, I was concerned about them hitting the floor.....and guess what.... they did. Unfortunately TTI wont allow me to return them since they are uncoated, so I just decided to keep them and modify whatever I need. I cut the mount flanges off and they fit but are pretty close to the floor. My plan is to just modify the floor to get some more space. They tuck up real nice and dont sit below the frame rails which is cool.

Nothing alittle cut off wheel and some new floor wont fix