Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-25-2021, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
On the other hand he busts his butt six or seven days a week turning out awesome work unlike a lot of shops who take years to get anything done. Not sure it makes sense to destroy a guy’s business over $1900. Especially when there is no written contract. It’s essentially one guys word against another’s.

Maybe just chock it up as a lesson learned rather than go nuclear.

Don
Oh I’ve got the proof.
Old 03-26-2021, 12:15 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
On the other hand he busts his butt six or seven days a week turning out awesome work unlike a lot of shops who take years to get anything done. Not sure it makes sense to destroy a guy’s business over $1900. Especially when there is no written contract. It’s essentially one guys word against another’s.

Don
Not sure i understand this thought. It's the SHOPS decision to destroy his business over not paying a deposit back. This reads like victim blaming.

I 100% would do what it took to either get my deposit back (or some reduced portion understanding there was some work on the shops end for estimating purposes), OR would ensure that no one else makes the same mistake.

Too often this kind of thing happens over and over and shops get away with it because people are to quiet and nice.
2018 GMC Denali HD
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to will69camaro For This Useful Post:
130fe (03-26-2021), ScotI (04-09-2021), two-piece (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will69camaro View Post
Not sure i understand this thought. It's the SHOPS decision to destroy his business over not paying a deposit back. This reads like victim blaming.

I 100% would do what it took to either get my deposit back (or some reduced portion understanding there was some work on the shops end for estimating purposes), OR would ensure that no one else makes the same mistake.

Too often this kind of thing happens over and over and shops get away with it because people are to quiet and nice.
I guess it is because the OP stated at no time was a non refundable deposit discussed. This implies a refundable deposit was not discussed either.

I’m not saying that he shouldn’t get it back. I’m saying that based on what I’ve seen I’m not going to participate in an online campaign to discredit the shop.

Don
Old 03-26-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I guess it is because the OP stated at no time was a non refundable deposit discussed. This implies a refundable deposit was not discussed either.

I’m not saying that he shouldn’t get it back. I’m saying that based on what I’ve seen I’m not going to participate in an online campaign to discredit the shop.

Don
I can completely understand that. I am more than willing to pay him for his time. But for him to not pay me back anything is completely wrong and he should be called out on it. I’m defiantly not asking anyone to get involved in my issue. I just reached out for advice. If guys want to call him out for it then I’m grateful, if they don’t I’m equally as grateful for the advice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to two-piece For This Useful Post:
dhutton (03-26-2021), will69camaro (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 04:58 PM

If he’s a good metal guy there should be something he could do for your project that’s worth 1900.00 and that way he doesn’t need to try and give you money back that he might not have.It doesn’t take long for some aluminium welding or fabbing an exhaust system to eat up your deposit.Just my two cents but I hope it works out for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to proper For This Useful Post:
dhutton (03-26-2021), srode1 (04-01-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proper View Post
If he’s a good metal guy there should be something he could do for your project that’s worth 1900.00 and that way he doesn’t need to try and give you money back that he might not have.It doesn’t take long for some aluminium welding or fabbing an exhaust system to eat up your deposit.Just my two cents but I hope it works out for you.
I tried that. Although he’s 700 miles away from me. Last time we talked I said if I wasn’t getting my deposit back I’d change the scope of work we planned to eat the deposit up. Told him to call me Monday. Never heard from him, he blocked me on IG and won’t respond to calls, text or email.
Old 03-26-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:

Don
Easy to say when you didn't loose $1900.00
Old 03-26-2021, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdHuggr68 View Post
Easy to say when you didn't loose $1900.00
I get it. It’s not an insignificant amount of money. On the other hand, what is that, roughly 20 hours of work, excluding any materials?

I’d be curious what the original scope and estimate of the work was. I’m guessing it wasn’t anything close to $1900.

Anyway, I’m clearly in the minority here. Points taken....

Don
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to dhutton For This Useful Post:
will69camaro (03-26-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I get it. It’s not an insignificant amount of money. On the other hand, what is that, roughly 20 hours of work, excluding any materials?

I’d be curious what the original scope and estimate of the work was. I’m guessing it wasn’t anything close to $1900.

Anyway, I’m clearly in the minority here. Points taken....

Don
I hear what you are saying Don......
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 03-30-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-piece View Post
I tried that. Although he’s 700 miles away from me. Last time we talked I said if I wasn’t getting my deposit back I’d change the scope of work we planned to eat the deposit up. Told him to call me Monday. Never heard from him, he blocked me on IG and won’t respond to calls, text or email.
What's the name of the shop? Maybe if you bring this shop into the conversation it will resolve the issue. Tag them on social media, leave a review on their website/google, etc.

Edit: I just found the name of the shop in the thread "Casados Design out of Alabaster, AL". Are they on any of the forums? You could reach out to them that way. You still have some more avenues to possibly resolve this. If he loses business because he won't refund a portion of the deposit he might respond. Just my humble opinion.

Last edited by cabudge09; 03-30-2021 at 01:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cabudge09 For This Useful Post:
two-piece (03-30-2021)