Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 04-10-2021, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProTouring442 View Post
No offense to the OP, but we only have his side of the story. We don't actually know the shop owner didn't make counter offers. We don't actually know what went on between the shop owner and the OP. And, given my own experience in dealing with hostile customers, frequently the stories they tell have no resemblance to what actually went on.

From the lady who was 100% positive (and told everyone about it) that I was trying to rip her off by "just trying to sell her oil!" (because there was none on the dipstick--the engine locked up a very short while later), to the guy who told an entire parking lot full of people he "told me it wasn't the timing belt," while calling me a thief and a liar (turns out the car was towed back in because someone had bumped it in the shopping mall parking lot, tripping the roll over switch), I've been down that road too many times to simply assume the OP is giving us the real account (even if he might believe he is).

My advice is, take the shop to small claims court if he's sure he's described events as they really occurred, but don't go blasting it all over the internet. If the fact don't perfectly match his posts, he could find himself in a lot of hot water.
I understand you only have my side. Short of him coming on here and posting his that’s all I can offer. Small claims court for $1,900 wouldn’t be worth worth the time. I’d have to go to Alabama to deal with it. Chances are I’ll never get my money back but I want everyone to know about the shop.
Old 04-10-2021, 07:50 AM

Name:  03A386A7-2FA2-4488-A745-357115C7B229.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  7C0234E9-03D2-40DA-8767-505EC43AF92D.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  42.7 KB

Here is the quote and contract I never signed.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:42 PM

You don't need to prove yourself to anybody. The human affliction including mine is to be quick to judge without all the facts. If it was me, I'd probably move on with my life and do what I feel is morally right with his online reputation in one review/post.
jarhead (04-11-2021), two-piece (04-10-2021)