Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Lateral-g Moderator

Stunning car and a great break in story. Glad you where paying attention!!

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
Old 07-27-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWeld View Post
I was asked about this project today --- and I'm happy to report that it's all wrapped up and safely back in Pierre's garage!

It was all done the day before I left for Deuce Days in Victoria.... and we were able to fire it off and drive it. I had set the timing for 11* initial.... while installing the new motor... when I fired it - and checked the timing... it was off 1*

Nice work Greg... the engine looks awesome!

69 Camaro-Nutter Racing Engines/427CI LS2 sleeved/LS7 CNC ported heads/Custom cam/T&D 1.8 rockers/Manley crank/Manley H-beam rods/Weisco pistons/NRC Pro Series dry sump/Kooks/NA,92 octane,11.5:1- 672HP @ 6,900RPM, 566TQ @ 5,500RPM
Build Thread- http://ls1tech.com/forums/generation...ine-build.html
Old 07-27-2013, 10:14 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,077 Times in 385 Posts

Skip,

Yes that is Imagine Injection --- Bob Ream --- out of Phoenix AriDzona area. He's a great friend and his stuff just works --- and his customer service is beyond amazing. I can text him some stupid question --- and he KNOWS the answer! I've yet to throw him a curve despite my amazing stupidity.

His Air Valves (their proper name) are all billet --- rather than the usual castings. They still sit on a Webber manifold. The newer small block manifolds have a large vacuum chamber built into the valley floor.

Here's the thing I've been doing lately ----- Imagine Injection or Inglese Injection (more "old fashioned looking) ----- an MSD "READY TO RUN" distributor --- this distributor needs no MSD box and has a tach output for the ECU input and tach in the car. FAST EZ EFI controller. I customize the harness rather than leaving all the length it comes with. I have all the tools to take the pins out of the various WeatherPak or MetriPak connections.... and all the crimp tools and necessary stuff to make up new connections.... so it really cleans up these installs.

I "hide" he ECU over in the dead space to the driver side of the hood hinge.... it's easy to get to if you need to (I install nutserts for blind fastening) and run the big trunk lines down the firewall and over back of the motor and come up from behind.

Without the MSD box -- you don't get any interference issues... and on a street rod like this -- there's absolutely no reason to need one. Makes for a nice install.