Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2021, 05:00 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,566 Times in 851 Posts
Default 2nd Chance Camaro - Let the Project Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADY View Post
Marty,

I've been thinking I need to improve my grounding and possibly increase the gauge of the positive (currently 2 gauge) since I have my battery in the trunk and the voltage drops to 10.8v during start up. I currently only have a short ground wire from the battery to the subframe, and then a ground from the frame to the block... from what you've researched should I run the ground straight to the block first?

Pass along any sites you found helpful.

thanks!

Boy that is a tuff call. Since I left my battery up front as I wanted the car to be simple and I didn't want to struggle to get the battery it made my decision pretty easy. From what I have read and learned along the way I choose to run the ground from the battery to the block and then a secondary ground from the block to the frame all of the side post battery terminal. Then coming off the top post terminal I am running a ground wire to both kick panels in the interior so the body has a good ground and I can ground the Vintage Air, Kicker sound system and the DSE wiper directly to the grounds on the drivers side. On the passenger side I am ground some of the Holley ECU wire and others will go all the way back to the battery.

It might be overkill but I would rather error on the overkill side. I am also going to look for the picture of the ground lug that Rad Rides & BBT Fab did on one of their cars as you might like what they did.

Projects - Syborg TT 4.3l v6 Mini-Truck, 2nd Chance Camaro & SLP575 Bumble Bee - 4Sale

Last edited by syborg tt; 06-09-2021 at 10:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to syborg tt For This Useful Post:
ADY (06-04-2021)