Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 AM

Default Project: 72 2wd Blazer

I bought this blazer back in Nov of 2005 after going on many wild goose chases looking for a 67-72 c10 truck. I drove 10 hours one way to look at one truck and it was a piece when I got there to get it. Came home and saw the blazer on ebay and it was only about a 3 hour ride, I told my wife that if this wasn't the one I was giving up. Got there to look at it and out of the other 10 guys that told me their trucks were rust free this one was actually just that. There where a lot of things I didn't like about it but I did like the fact that it was a great starting point and need just a little block sanding to be a pretty much perfect body. So I bought it and brought it home.

The first thing I did was get my buddy over @ Rods and Restos to get me some 20" torq thrust II's and got them put on there and it sit like a 4x4 instead of a 2wd. Next on the list was a set of drop spindles for the front and some 6" springs and 1.5" block for the back. Got those pieces installed a a bolt in c notch and had it looking pretty good but it need some interior.

The P.O. had installed some buckets and a console out of a 454ss truck and they where mint but the burgandy seats and carpet didn't go to well with the red paint. I stripped the interior and waited 6 months for my name to come up at Wilson's Upholstery in Cedartown, Ga. They had it done in about a month and I was very pleased with what they did for me. I had them cover a set of 98 tahoe front buckets with the headrest removed and a back seat from a 88 suburban. They also made custom door panels, rear panels for the bed, tailgate panel, covered the dash, dash pad, sun visors, carpet, custom bed rail covers, and a custom speaker box.

By the time I got it back I was looking to give the 402 a little more power and bought some heads, cam, headers, edelbrock pro flo, roller rockers, and some dress up goodies plus a stall for the th400. During this time I also installed a eaton posi and a set of 3:73's. Got the motor with the new parts and efi back in and all the efi did was give me trouble. All it would do is foul plugs and really piss me off so I decide to sell the motor and the efi and wait for a GENIII motor.

So turns out the bitch had been wrecked at some point and nothing would line up past the firewall on the front rails so we cut them off and made some new one's out of 2x6". We made a crossmember that uses c4 front suspension, it will have shockwaves on the front, c5 front calipers on a 4 corners, nascar trailing arms on the rear, firestones on the rear, 8.8 with 3:73's and locker, bought a lq4 that I will turn into a lq9, maybe a t56, 18 and 20's or 20's and 20's. Here are pics from along the way.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 AM

Old 01-04-2008, 08:53 AM

Old 01-04-2008, 08:54 AM

Deconstruction Begins

Old 01-04-2008, 08:55 AM

Old 01-04-2008, 08:56 AM

Old 01-04-2008, 08:57 AM

Old 01-04-2008, 08:58 AM

Old 01-04-2008, 11:20 AM

Default Good To See You

posting over here. I've been watching your progress over at 67-72chevy trucks. Looking good, keep up the good work.

Later,

68 Chevy Pickup Project
Build Thread: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=7505

THANKS TO: A&M Machine and Fabrication, CCTek (http://www.candctek.com), Hermance Design(www.hermancedesign.com), Paradise Road Rod & Custom, Harry Opfer Welding, Wegner Automotive Research, Clayton Machine Works
Old 01-04-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccracin
posting over here. I've been watching your progress over at 67-72chevy trucks. Looking good, keep up the good work.

Later,
Yeah I have been a member on here for about a year so I decided I would post up over here since I do a lot of reading over here. Thanks