Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 09-07-2005, 05:25 AM

hell no, the green is outta there asap, although i have been toying with the idea of a full metallic green with the white bumble bee stripe, and a big set of billets. Kinda like this:

Fuel prices suck!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:04 AM

Hi Rayman, looks like you've good a really good start on your project there. Are you gonna bare metal the paint, or trust that they've done a good job underneath the primer? what sort of finished look are you going for, you know, colour, wheels, details etc etc. Keep those pictures coming
Old 09-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Administrator

I agree, it's weird seeing a RH drive 1st Gen. Not too common in the US. lol

Congrats again on getting it home. I'm liking that green and white color combo.

My LS7 69 Camaro
Old 09-20-2005, 05:01 AM

not really an update, but some news.

I got my old job back in the local autobarn store (australia's version of pep boys etc), this is purely just a fringe benefits setup though. They are happy to have me come work on a sunday, just to get a staff member with some knowledge on the floor again.

I left them about 5 years ago, to go study and change industries. I currently work as a microsoft certified network engineer.

I had my mustang when i used to work for them, and was going to do a lot of things to it, but never quite had the spare cash. Different story now though, not relying on the car as an everyday driver etc too. The camaro is just a toy, nothing more.

I get paid cash in hand (onto my account actually) and get staff price (basically cost + frieght + basically nothing). This little venture will ensure the build time on the camaro is minimised dramatically, and will surely get out of control now.

A quick wish list i composed of generic/non camaro specific stuff i can buy straight up includes the following:

- carpets, big brake package, billet engine accessories, b&m shifter, autometer guages, recaro seats, gear drive, aluminium heads etc.

This should be enough to scare them.

They don't care how much i buy for myself through the store, happy to see an enthuisast at work.

Fuel prices suck!
Old 11-24-2005, 04:47 AM

My parts list is slowly getting shorter.

The last couple of months i've been ordering. So far i've got a full set of autometer ultra lite guages, B & M street bandit shifter, engine bay chrome items, a full interior kit, personalised number plates, tv, amp, and subs.

I am having the badge holes all filled, and plan on having my badges airbrushed on.

I see they are making 4" steel cowl bonnets now, anyone had experience with these? How's the fit?

I have my eye on a set of boyd 18" smoothies, just unsure if it's what i want. I planned to go all out replica of Steve Rupps car, but i'm finding myself looking at other colour schemes and wheel combos. I love his car, but unsure of where mine is heading.

There is another big block 68 i know of for sale here that needs re-assembly, tempted to refinance the house and have a set of twins in the garage, it's so hard to choose 1 colour, having 2 would make it so much easier.

Car should be going in for paint jan/feb next year after i get back from holidays, so i better hurry up and pick a colour.

Fuel prices suck!

Last edited by *rayman*; 11-24-2005 at 04:56 AM.