Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 07-12-2019, 09:03 AM

Default 1969 Camaro - RS Spec Chassis - Wheel and Tire Combo & Pinch Seam Questions

Hi All,

I know there are a lot of threads on 18" wheels. I'm a little stuck on deciding due to the chassis I plan to go with.

I'm in the process of ordering the Roadster Shop SPEC chassis, and I'm trying to work out my wheel and tire size. I will not be mini tubbing the car so from what I can read the largest and most common sizing is 18x8 with 245-40-18 tires in the front and 19x9.5 with 275-35-19 tires in the rear. I've also heard of going 18's all around due to tire availability.

- For those who have any of the above size does this wheel and tire size perform under normal and spirited driving?
- For those who have 18's all around what wheel and tire size are you running (18x8 in the front and 18x10 in the rear?)?
- What back spacing did you use?

Also - I've been fortunate enough to have access to a lift for most of my larger projects, but I don't have lift access on this install . I need to put the car on jacks using the pinch seam. Where are you putting your jack stand on the pinch seam? Do you use a pinch seam block to keep from damaging them?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:09 AM

I just found the wheel and tire specs on the RS spec car:

Tires:
Falken Azenis RT615K tires; 255/40/17 front and 275/35/18 rear.
Wheels:
American Racing Torq-Thrust; 17x9 front and 18x9.5 rear.

This has me leaning towards the 18's all around. Does anyone have experience with the RS chassis and stock tub wheel and tire size?

Thank you!
Old 07-13-2019, 07:06 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

RS has done all of the R & D for you. Just call up those guys and they can answer all of your questions. Especially, back spacing spec's.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214Chevelle View Post
RS has done all of the R & D for you. Just call up those guys and they can answer all of your questions. Especially, back spacing spec's.
Same as above and also, if you know what brand wheels you are going with (Forgeline for example), you could call them and they should know the "specs" on what is needed and can build them for you.