Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 03-20-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
My Chevelle will be on the road for the summer just not sure on what chassis yet..........been talking to someone on that ;-)
coming from a guy that should have been driving his car a few years ago, just get it done. you can always build another with a bitchin chassis, but it will take you a ton of steps back if you go aftermarket. just my .02
Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels ; Kore3 ; SC&C
Build Thread : https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ght=widowmaker
Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 PM

Good stuff buddy.. sounds like the plan should be coming together soon.

Yeah I gotta assume that chassis change would not be a small one and have rippling effects to the rest of the car and systems? Still, that would be bad ass!

Let me know if you need a spare hand once you get back into it.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 03-20-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WidowMaker View Post
coming from a guy that should have been driving his car a few years ago, just get it done. you can always build another with a bitchin chassis, but it will take you a ton of steps back if you go aftermarket. just my .02
Well business comes first so I have kept my head out of it till I felt I could, it's a better time of the year for me to have more free time so it will be move along here soon. The chassis deal is something in thoughts right now that will not ditch everything I have now so it not much more work, that is if this deal comes though on a factory replacement chassis. I am not starting from scratch on a complete suspension for this build that is for sure. I have meaning to get with you on the front coil springs you used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash68 View Post
Good stuff buddy.. sounds like the plan should be coming together soon.

Yeah I gotta assume that chassis change would not be a small one and have rippling effects to the rest of the car and systems? Still, that would be bad ass!

Let me know if you need a spare hand once you get back into it.

YouTube & Chevelle pics - Instagram @nick.v70 & @ChevelleFactory
Old 03-20-2011, 08:26 PM

I've been wondering about you Nick since we haven't heard any updates. It can be hard with a family and other activities but glad to hear your still on track with a few possible changes Sounds good!
My offer still stands as well , If you need a hand I'm just over the hill.

Jason
Old 03-20-2011, 08:29 PM

Thanks Dave, hope we all can get together in April with better weather so we all can hang and play with the cars, trust me I am itchin. Next weekend GG should get the fire going to hustle on the car again! Maybe we all can meet up for a after show dinner sat night next weekend.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torino420 View Post
I've been wondering about you Nick since we haven't heard any updates. It can be hard with a family and other activities but glad to hear your still on track with a few possible changes Sounds good!
My offer still stands as well , If you need a hand I'm just over the hill.

Jason

Thanks Jason. I will sure let you guys know when. You planning on the show next week if it doesn't rain?

Old 03-20-2011, 09:07 PM

I'm going to try and make it one of the day's not sure yet. Most likely Saturday though.

Last edited by torino420; 03-20-2011 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:37 AM

Yeah man we should try to meet up at the show and check some stuff out. I'm game for some grub/drinks afterward. Saturday sounds good.
2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 03-21-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
The chassis deal is something in thoughts right now that will not ditch everything I have now so it not much more work, that is if this deal comes though on a factory replacement chassis. I am not starting from scratch on a complete suspension for this build that is for sure.
ha, i hope you have more restraint than me. it could mean just a few changes, but it opens the door for more really bitchen changes. i wouldnt be able to hold back.

Quote:
I have meaning to get with you on the front coil springs you used.
i went with the circle track 575s, but they will most likely swap out to 650+ once its on the road. my initial thought was less spring with a larger bar, but with limited ground clearance, more spring might be needed. i started with spring spacers but ran into clearance issues and built these.

Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels ; Kore3 ; SC&C
Build Thread : https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ght=widowmaker
Old 03-21-2011, 10:52 PM

Thanks for the info, so what's the problem with regular coil springs? Are you doing this for adjustment on the track or for the correct coil spring rate. From what I have read that most the coils on the market do not fit correct in the SCC lowers. So all I am missing to complete the front is coil springs and sway bar, any suggestions? My research time has been slim and to get this car on the road that is all I am missing other than shop time on the car it self. I have money to the side so I want to order what I need as soon as I know what I want and need.