Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
so what's the problem with regular coil springs
a few things. first IIRC, most lowering springs (hotchkis etc) have a rate of ~525 and i wanted more. also, they claim a drop of "x", but thats compared to what? what the heck does stock even look like? and with my slammed height, would i need to cut more coils off? that would obviously increase the rate, but since i didnt know how much i was cutting i couldnt calculate a final rate.

the circle track springs are nice because they are cheap and available in lots of different rates. but the spacer sucks. its internal dia is too small for the larger aftermarket shocks, and in fact, when i lowered my frame down for the first time it came to rest on the top of the shock. not good. so i made the above spacers and will fine tune with some more 1/8 and 1/4" shims that ill cut.

Quote:
I have read that most the coils on the market do not fit correct in the SCC lowers.
im running the global west lowers so i cant speak on the fitment. but, the circle track springs fit no different than a stock spring.

Quote:
So all I am missing to complete the front is coil springs and sway bar
if you have the cash, i would look to dse for the splined bar. its expensive, but youve dropped a lot of cash thus far and it would compliment your package nicely.
Special Thanks To: Rushforth Wheels ; Kore3 ; SC&C
Build Thread : https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...ght=widowmaker