Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown353
Those rotor pics looke like nothing out of the ordinary for an x-drilled rotor that has seen a couple track sessions.
I agree with everything you just said, but I'm not sure if I just didn't catch it, but I'm wondeirng if both of his rotors did the exact same thing? Which would go back to the improper cooling. Either way all rotors no matter what they are made of don't last forever at track temps, and your right I have seen many other rotors look just like this. Seen a few pics of porsche rotors all cracked back at PT.com

And this isn't directed at you, but is just a general statement. I have found that a lot of people who haven't done a lot of "racing' or better yet aggresive track driving want to put a lot of stuff on their car that they think will work good for street and track. Nothing wrong with this at all. But what they don't realize is, if they are the type to really get into the track driving (its just too much for some people) they realize they want to go faster and faster, basically they get bitten by teh speed bug. We've all heard of it and it does happen. What happens is they start picking up speed, and they don't care anymore about how stuff looks as much and how cool it seems. All you want is parts that work better to make you faster and have more fun and move your skill level up. This is when you realize that if you want to go fast at the track you need dedicated track parts.IMO the only way to have your pudding and eat it too, is to have either a very high tolerance to irrational parts/harsh ride/needing warm up or have different sets of parts for the track, like spare wheels/brakes.

Now this isn't saying you can't go to the track without race parts, and a car can perform great without them, but in a car its about the repeated exposure to heat and abuse over and over that will really kill anything inadequate. This is why I was telling you (nitrorocket) to start cheaply/less dramatic with the parts, and then upgrade. To see if you get bit or not. IF you do then start getting parts that will help you raise your skill level. and keep the parts that you get now to put back on for street duty.

BUT anyway it seems as if you have the ball rolling, and it looks like you have a great start, so I'll try and stop preaching to you let us know what you do.

Last edited by fatlife; 09-04-2006 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:54 AM

I am a speed bug!

Many years ago I thought one could have the best of both world, but I realized you must pretty much go all out first off or it cost twice as much in the long run. Most people are into the flash, I like everyone else, likes there car to look good, but function must come first.

I have learned alot from this thread in the brake dept.