Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Introductions > Member/Project/Vehicle Introductions
User Name
Password

Old 08-09-2008, 10:18 AM

I am digging the bumper, license plate and exhaust idea.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 AM

Default Here are the wheels

We finally decided on the wheels for the Firebird. They are 09 corvette spyder wheels, chrome, 9.5x 18 in front and 12x19 in back.

The tires are the new Generals 325/35 rear 275/30 front. I wanted to go with something way nicer and more custom on the wheels but we have a budget problem now that the economy went to the toilet. They will fill the car out well. We had a ford 8.8 rear laying around out of an explorer and the width is doable with minor spacers, It has 373 gears, and had disk brakes too. I plan on welding on some support tubes and making it look pretty with a new cover. NOT what we planned before! We are also deciding on the front clip. We will most likely go with a speedtech since we bought the wheels with their dimensions in mind. We have to get the spindles and hubs.
What would be the cheapest price wise to get the spindles, should I go with 2" drop or regular, and the hubs to fit up with the corvette bolt pattern? We plan on using stock corvette brakes up front.
This is getting out of my area of knowledge as I am a body guy. So I appreciate the help.

Anyway, I have the last coats of primer on the doors and fenders. I may have color on them next week, Also the body is ready to get its last coat on monday.
I am on it full time now so I will be posting updates more frequently.
Later