Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Chassis and Suspension
User Name
Password

Old 08-22-2020, 11:06 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Post DSE Quadralink rear with a Stock subframe?

I was wondering if anyone is running this setup in their 67-69 F body? I currently have stock subframe and old style ridetech air bar (circa 2008) with ridetech SA coilovers front/rear. I am having rear end housing (9”) issues and am looking to change my rear housing. I have always wanted DSE suspension in my car but am not ready to to swap everything (front and back) right now.

Also looking to put on DSE floater end on which ever housing I go with to match my C6 Z51 brakes.

Any info/advice on this setup would be appreciated.
Full of DSE and Holley parts
Old 12-23-2020, 08:12 AM

Hey,

you have probably long decided what you are going to do by now but i will throw in my experience just for the heck of it, incase you are on the fence.

I am building a '69 and during mock up i was in a similar situ to you.....I strengthened the stock frame, re-welded the entire frame in a jig due to the poor quality from factory & went with full RideTech front and rear.

Before even finishing the car i was a bit disappointed with how much money i had in complete subframe (didn't end up getting my new steering box as that was a payment too far) compared to a DSE sub for example ($2.8k more outlay) - aside from the fact a lot of the top builds including the man himself use DSE suspension so i sold the entire RideTech front and rear with the stock sub because looking through the forum, I could clearly see 1. It is a tried and proven recipe that works, and the quality is just sublime. 2. It is a real asset to your car if you decide to move it along one day.

I went ahead and purchased the DSE Quadralink / tubs / exhaust cut outs, which took me 55hrs of labour to install myself, just last month i placed the order with MCB for the Hydroformed subframe with sub connectors. It also tied in with me wanting to use GearFX rear 9" floater, as you can order the Quadralink without axle brackets and get the brackets mated to your housing when you order the rear end...so it worked well for me in the mock up stage.

DSE suspension (F&R) are designed to work together , whichever shocks are sway bars you choose, this is what DSE told me when i was going to run the same setup as you are talking about (RideTech front/DSE rear) - but at the end of the day suspension is suspension and it will work as well as you want it depending on the application - most likely even with mis-matched manufactures front and rear it will be better than a original Camaro. In my eyes it was an extra cost worth while in the grand schemes of things to go from Ridetech to entire DSE ...however...if you have to pay someone to install DSE Quadralink this is a different story of course ($2-3k?).

Hope this helps.
Jake

Last edited by Sparkplug; 12-23-2020 at 08:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparkplug For This Useful Post:
gmc427 (01-23-2021)
Old 12-23-2020, 11:21 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Yeah I went ahead and splurged and went full DSE front and rear. Don’t think I will be disappointed 😂
Full of DSE and Holley parts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 130fe For This Useful Post:
Sparkplug (12-24-2020), will69camaro (12-23-2020)
Old 12-24-2020, 02:43 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
Yeah I went ahead and splurged and went full DSE front and rear. Don’t think I will be disappointed 😂
Let's hope not!

NO ONE IS COMING. IT'S UP TO US.

http://www.navysealfoundation.org/
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiffav8 For This Useful Post:
130fe (12-25-2020)