Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Classifieds > Cars for Sale
User Name
Password

Old 01-26-2021, 07:42 AM
Supporting Member

Default 1969 Camaro $45,000

Item Location (City/State):Clinton, Illinois

Price:45,000

Description:1969 Camaro - base model with SS badge. LS1 with SLP stage III head/cam and FAST 102 intake/throttle body. 4L60E trans, TCI internals and TCI stall converter. Ford 9" with 3:50 ratio. Full rotisserie rebuild in 2004. Vintage Air Gen 4 a/c, Autometer gauges, C5 front brakes, F body rear disk. 1996 Caprice/Impala fuel tank mod. Power windows, locks, keyless. 1985 Corvette bucket sets, Intro Prowler 18/19" (front/rear) rims
Fiberglass rear spring. Stock front coils/shaved - Edelbrock shocks, VB&P sway bars. Pontiac GTO power brake booster and m/c, Steeroids Rack & Pinion. Cruise control, 1981 Corvette tilt/tele steering column. Trunk mount battery. Totally shaved fire wall, hidden VW windshield wiper. Smoothed front subframe. Three point front seatbelts.

Paint is PPG 1986 Renault Alliance red with 1986 Cadillac black cherry racing stripes.

Approx 17,000 miles since 2004.

It has been a LONG time since I posted here. Life has been crazy - and hot rods have been on the back burner. This is probably the most important and gut wrenching post me possible - but it is what it is. Anybody that has built one or is considering knows that $45,000 is a drop in the bucket to what this cost to build at this point - but it is the journey not the destination. The car is NOT perfect, and there is always something that needs attention - the next owner can make that their own journey and personality.

I intended to pass this car down to my son. He is now 16, and has almost zero interest in cars. My future plans are such that I'm simply paying insurance and maintaining the battery...and as much as I hate to, it has to find a new home. I've owned the car two different times - I'm confident if it is always meant to be...it will return.

You can see more about the car at my website www.mcspeed.homestead.com Look for the Camaro pics as well as a few magazine articles I did on it over the years.

Here are some links with pictures (the car has gone through various upgrades and changes over the years so all the pictures you see may not be the current configuration)

The story of the car starts here:

http://mcspeed.homestead.com/69_Camaro.html

Follow the various links.

http://mcspeed.homestead.com/MMC.html

I'll be happy to send updated photos/video/facetime with any serious buyers.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:06 AM
Supporting Member

Update...

I'm making progress doing some clean up and a few upgrades to the car. I've sent pics to those interested.

Just got the new tail lamps in and cleaned/painted/detailed up the trunk and covered and labeled all the trunk mounted battery cables.

If somebody wants it more than me...it is still for sale, but in the meantime I'm taking care of business. Going to put new rear tires on it too - not because they are bald, but they are more than six years old. I replaced the front ones a few years ago after correcting a bad alignment issue that was chewing up the tires.
Old 04-30-2021, 11:46 AM

Still for sale?

68 Camaro Pro Touring (In build)
69 Camaro RS/SS