Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Lateral-G Open Discussions > Project Updates
User Name
Password

Old 03-27-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur-n-8 View Post
Yes, I bought that and a watts link from you. You didn't have your Big Book out when I started this project. I think if you had I'm not sure I could have resisted cutting the front off and using one your Track-Warrior front ends. In my opinion those are coolest front ends I ever seen.
Thank you.

We have a Dealer that's planning a 3rd Gen Camaro build with on of the Track-Warrior front clips, as well as the rear. He might keep the factory floor or cut it out & make it smooth. It's not in build mode yet.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:39 PM

I know the strut front end will never be on par with a double A arm front end, but I thought I would try to make it better than it was. The Sweet rack is the right length and I made a spindle that corrected all the short comings of the stock spindles.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
I know the strut front end will never be on par with a double A arm front end, but I thought I would try to make it better than it was. The Sweet rack is the right length and I made a spindle that corrected all the short comings of the stock spindles.
Good Job.

I notice you have the aluminum bodied struts from DSE with the JRI shock insert. You will want to get with Kyle at DSE to exchange this for the Steel bodied version they have now. The aluminum bodied version should be fine on the street, but will break under race loads. I know ... I've seen us do it. LOL (Stolen from a Ron White Comedy CD).

The new Steel Bodied version is what we use in all of our 3rd Gen Camaro & Firebird front suspension packages in our Catalog on pages 66-69 HERE.

Best wishes.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:29 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Quote:
You have done some impressive fab work on this track toy and it looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Now that you have revised the issues with the stock strut and spindle setup you won’t be dissapointed much by the lack of am SLA.

I can tell you from my own experience with a strut based track car that any weak point around the strut spindle connection will be exposed very quickly once you mount reasonably sticky tires and get on a fast track. I had a failure in the same area on my setup (thankfully not a breakage) so I would heed Ron’s advice on swapping to the steel Strut housing.

Neat build.

https://lateral-g.net/forums/show...10645&page=171

Old 03-30-2018, 05:39 PM

Someone sent me this recently...

2004 NASA AIX Mustang LS2 #14
1964 Lincoln Continental
2014 4 tap Keezer
Old 03-30-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Sutton View Post
Good Job.

I notice you have the aluminum bodied struts from DSE with the JRI shock insert. You will want to get with Kyle at DSE to exchange this for the Steel bodied version they have now. The aluminum bodied version should be fine on the street, but will break under race loads. I know ... I've seen us do it. LOL (Stolen from a Ron White Comedy CD).

The new Steel Bodied version is what we use in all of our 3rd Gen Camaro & Firebird front suspension packages in our Catalog on pages 66-69 HERE.

Best wishes.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought the struts over a year ago and if it was a option I was unaware of it. Thanks again.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I bought the struts over a year ago and if it was a option I was unaware of it. Thanks again.
It was not an option a year ago. They only came aluminum bodied. Now, after we had one break, they are not available in the aluminum body any more. Only steel.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:26 PM

I started on the exhaust and with limited space I decided to go with a large single.
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 PM

I also took a pic while it was on the ground.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2018, 10:32 AM

Nice work on the stainless--a single is staying true to form with the car! Great work so far!