Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 10-22-2009, 12:26 AM

Default hydraulic clutch 67 camaro

want to get a hydraulic clutch for my tremec tko 600. not sure what kit is the best. any ideas?
Old 10-22-2009, 10:51 AM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

This was clarified for me, so I will attempt to clarify it for you. The clutch itself is not hydraulic. You can use pretty much any clutch in a hydraulic or a mechanical set up. It's the actuator that makes it hydraulic. You will want to get a kit like the one that Keisler has: http://www.keislerauto.com/gm/gm-par...ypage_acc.html I got that kit and so far like it, although it has not been installed. The main reason I chose that one is there are no mods or welding to the firewall. It includes a bracket that sets the proper angle for the master without having to weld on an adapter plate. I know that Classic Motorsports Group (Classic Chevy 5 Speed) has a Hydraulic actuator kit, but could not find a link on their site to buy it separately.

As for what clutch to go with....what is your setup? What engine are you running? LS, SBC, BBC? What are your plans for the car? Alot will depend on that and what your are running for hp/tq. If you're running a LS, lots of guys on here will recommend the stock GM LS7 clutch, which from what I understand is rated to 500hp at the wheels. I'm doing a LS conversion and decided to go with a Monster clutch. It's been given very good reviews at www.ls1tech.com For a SBC or BBC, quite a few guys are running a dual friction Centerforce clutch. I'm sure other guys will step in as my knowledge in clutches is VERY limited and I'm just passing on what I was told. Hope this helps some.

Pro Touring 68 Acadian(Nova)
Speedtech subframe with high clearance control arms
Prodigy Bar rear suspension
Ridetech single adjustable coilovers
Wilwood 12.2" brakes
New Gen Splitters
LS3 and TKO600

Link to my build: https://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=14349

Old 10-25-2009, 11:19 PM

The Keisler kit is a great, easy to install, easy to use kit. I have had one in my car for years & install them often.

McLeod also offers a really good version. Possibly a better product, slightly harder to set up initially, but better ease of use during future in & outs of the tranny because they have a quick release line.

Good luck!
Old 10-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

I'll add to that list Keisler kits. I have one in my 72 Chevelle and used to have a TKO 600. I sold the TKO 600 and now I have A T56 Magnum with the same kit in it. Hadn't driven it yet as I still have a few things to do, but I can't wait.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Vendor

I bought all of my TKO-600 stuff from Classic 5 speed. and they have been more than helpfull. Very good service.

Paul

https://www.facebook.com/Dutchboyshotrods