Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Paint and Body
User Name
Password

Old 02-08-2010, 10:44 AM

I haven't spent one minute adjusting mine Lenie. I replaced the regulators and didn't change any of the track or bumper settings. I don't know if they will fit better or not. If you stock glass is salvagable, I'd go that route. It will fit better if it's not reproduction.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Lateral-g Supporting Member

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

One little "trick" --- with the glass rolled up and door shut -- you put a dollar bill (or in your case a $100 bill because that's all you'll have in your pocket) between the rubber (wubba) and the glass and you should be able to pull it out with little friction on it.... if you can't the glass is TOO TIGHT...

Also -- the newer 'wubba' tends to be harder than the factory stuff... and if that's the case a good seal is hard to get.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:15 AM

Excellent---ran into other issues now (surprise) before I can get to the window adjustment. Nick has graciously offered to walk me through it by phone as well--what a great community---I'll let you know what happens.

Doug
Old 02-09-2010, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas69 View Post
I haven't spent one minute adjusting mine Lenie. I replaced the regulators and didn't change any of the track or bumper settings. I don't know if they will fit better or not. If you stock glass is salvagable, I'd go that route. It will fit better if it's not reproduction.
Thanks for the info, want tinted windows and would like to use the originals
but pulled a bonehead move earlier in the build I don't want to admit to. Involves a razor blade. Man, I just can't let that one go.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:20 AM

Thanked 1,076 Times in 384 Posts

Love this thread -- "exhaust drone" --- "engine noise" --- "wind noise" --- and to that I'll add "aggressive tire noise"....

This all explains why I put in a 1200W stereo.... or drive (my favorite) with the windows down and listen to that sweet note.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:49 PM

New glass is great and is a real nice finishing touch to a project, but it just has the wrong contours. I have used all kinds from non-tinted to factory tint to smoked from many different suppliers. The biggest issue I have found is that the new glass is not cut properly but even more so, a lot of them are curved wrong. The original glass is convex with the center portion higher than the ends if you run a straight edge across it from the outside of the car. I have found that a lot of the new glass is actually concave with the center area lower.

I have a set of brand new, never installed, been on my shelf for 2 years now smoked '69 Camaro door glass wrapped up and ready for anyone who wants to bend it to the proper shape. All it should take is a torch and a hammer. Heck.....it works on steel

Complete Turn-Key Restorations, Customizing & Fabrication
419-523-6900

www.m-w-c-c.com