Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Wheels and Tires
User Name
Password

Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taman View Post
I will be running 285/40/18 on a rushforth 18x10 with 5.75 BS. The 285's have a ton of room. Looks like I could get 305's but not sure with a 10" rim. I agree about the leaf springs. My TA was 1/2" off towards the passenger side. I have coil overs now so that shouldn't be a problem anymore. I will post pics when I get my car back.
the 1/2" is in the diff tube length and a factory deal on t/a's. We have the same issue we are going to fix. With leafs I think 295's are too wide. If you have a torque arm or 4 link, 295 would have plenty of room
Old 07-31-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
I think it'll be tough on a Camaro with the flat top on the wheel well...

My 71 Firebird has Falken 295/40/18s on 18x10 Rushforth Superspokes on the back with the big round wheel wells... with 5.75" backspacing... stock tubs... stock rear end housing etc.

Keep in mind I've got more room without the stock rear leaf springs utilizing the BMR rear torque arm suspension.

Pics attached... HTH
I see you are running the BMR Torque arm rear suspension. They are right around the corner from me and I am interested in their suspension but I am worried about routing exhaust through all that piping. I will be using 3" pipes, do you think there will be any problems? I am going to ask Lee about it but I wanted an indepedant opinion before asking. I have bought a lot of stuff from them for my 96 Camaro SS and love their stuff. How does the car handle with the TA? Is there a provision for a rear sway bar? I was thinking of running a 295/35ZR18 (2004 Z06 size tire) or maybe a 305 if I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
SOLD 1993 Saleen Mustang #20 of 56, Black & Gold sittin on 17" Sterns.
FQuick: www.fquick.com/ss1156
*New car 1970 Camaro SS clone*
* Soon to be under construction*