Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Help, Feedback and Testing > Vendor/Member Feedback
User Name
Password

Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM

Thumbs down Warning about Perry Price at PTS

I placed an order with Perry on December 16 for $3K of Billet-Specialties wheels and gave him 50% deposit. Since the wheels should have been shipped by now, I became very concerned about the wheel order. I have been trying to contact Perry, but his phone is disconnected and he is not responding to messages. Today I contacted the director of sales and marketing with Billet-Specialties. He states that there is no order placed from Perry for the wheels. He has also received several calls from other individuals with the same situation with Perry.

My payment was through paypal, and I filed a claim, but the transaction is past 45 days, so they say they cannot get a refund. Now I have to round up more money and can't drive my car for another 8 weeks while the wheels are built!

I purchased $4500 of Ridetech equipment middle of last year from PTS and had no issues, so I was really not expecting this! This makes me loose all faith in humanity!

Gary

Last edited by garymac69; 03-10-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:10 AM

Default ** Update**

I received an email from Perry and he has promised to mail today a cashiers check for my refund. I see that he has promised the same to people on the Corvette and Camaro5 forums. Hopefully he follows through with his promise.
I am talking directly with Billet Specialties to get the wheels ordered - I'm scared to go through another vendor.

Gary
Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 AM

Default Bad Update!

I just received a letter from Perry apologizing and stating that he wants to reimburse his customers. But he has no assets to sell for a quick resolution.
I guess that means the check is not in the mail.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Lateral-g Moderator

Damn. That is the reason Scott and Jody try their best to protect the members. Using others money for their personal needs is real bad and very unethical.

Stick with long term proven winners, like Greg sais with stocks. Good luck with the recovery.

These discussions are important in protecting people from these scams.

Proud of the way all have kept it civilized.

Sellers beware.