Go Back   Lateral-g Forums > Technical Discussions > Transmission and Rear End
User Name
Password

Old 04-29-2015, 03:06 AM

Build a short stroke ls motor with a low lash solid roller cam that will spin to 8500 rpm then that supra trans would work great. theres a few of those trans in 7 sec qtr. supra and the trans are stock!
Old 04-29-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no go nova View Post
Build a short stroke ls motor with a low lash solid roller cam that will spin to 8500 rpm then that supra trans would work great. theres a few of those trans in 7 sec qtr. supra and the trans are stock!
I like the way you think...

Hmm, putting a 4.8 crank (3.3" stroke) in an LS7 (4.125" bore) gives you 353ci of high revving goodness. And they spin the LS7 past 7k with a 4" stroke! So imagine what it can do with that little 3.3" crank.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:02 PM

I'm also done a loy of homework on this. But havent find a trans that I would like to try out.

Sometime ago we builded a twin turbo gen2 Viper and its been eating transmission like bread. Nothing can live behind that 1475ftlb with just 14psi motor. It has broken all kind of manualtransmissions. The last one was some special ordered G-force, if I'm not mistaken. It brakes fifth and or six gears. Not smallers goes it does not get tractions with them.

I'm building for myself even more powerful twinscrew Viper engine and have desided that there is no modern manual for me so I went alittle differen road.

I have got myself an Mercedes 5speed automatic. From 6L V12 twin turbo, used only in 65AMG and Maybach limusines. In stock, it can handel 1200Nm~885ft lb and can be modified to handel 2000Nm~1475ftlb. Fifth gear is 0.83

In Europe this trans has been used in rallycross- and driftcars with success. And it si so thiny, alot smaller that PowerGlide.

Another Euro manual that many uses is from V12 BMW like 850.